Chapter Sixteen

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I have always believed that fashion was not only to make women more beautiful, but also to reassure them, give them confidence.”
                      - Yves Saint Laurent

   ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I need to come out. I need to fix this. My relationship with God may not be too close and I need to fix it. I know I lack self-confidence and I need to fix it because my God has created His children wonderfully and beautifully. I should never let the words of men describe me. As long as my God says "His creation is good" then it is good.

My fingers are sore and hurting, my head bangs at every passing moment but I still continue. My work of art will soon be complete and then, I can show it off. I'm a fashion designer and I'm proud of it. I have faith that my creativity will take me higher. I had designed outfit that will boost my confidence and emphasis my beauty that I must appreciate. You need to first give yourself respect before others can do the same.

You won't imagine the casual but yet fashionable young adult outfits I designed and now, I'm creating them in real form by sewing them to something I can wear. Your dressing matters. Your dressing determines how confident you will be. Indecent dressing is not the right definition of confidence. You can dress decent but confidently. You don't have to expose your whole body to feel confident. You don't have to change yourself to feel confident. You don't have to go indecent just to get a compliment that you are beautiful. No! You don't have to.

As a fashion designer, I will do my best to make my fellow females to appreciate themselves. As long as God has said His creation is perfect, you have no flaws. Everything about you is your beauty.

You have no flaws!

Would you compare a bird with a fish? Of course not. The moment you do, the bird will see its wings as it's flaw or the fish will see its gills as its flaw. We all are unique and beautiful the way we are. We can't look the same. If you are taller or shorter, it's your beauty. If you are fatter or slimmer, it's your beauty. If you are darker or fairer, it's your beauty. God knows why He made you and you are His masterpiece.

I find it so offensive when I hear people compare human with monkeys. Why would you imagine monkeys to be ugly? They aren't. They are beautiful and unique in their own way. No animal looks as different and special as the monkey. Goats are magnificent just the way they are. If God had created everyone alike, what could we have called beautiful? Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Are you beholding yourself? What do you see? If you have made yourself to believe you are ugly, there is nothing I can say to change your mind. Sandra opened my eyes to this truth. You are what you believe yourself to be!

I rise and go to the mirror in my shop. I stare at myself. The yellow sleeveless shirt I am wearing reflects with its special glow. I can see my scars. I can recall the memories linked with it. But guess what? I still see myself as beautiful because I am. I will keep saying this because I am beautiful.

My phone rings and Sandra's name pops in the screen. I'm using an Android phone and it's all thanks to Aaron. He is my destiny helper in disguise.

"Hello," I say as soon as I accepted the call.

"My babe, how are you?"

"I dey oo," I reply and go to take my seat.

"So how's the clothes na? Have you finished? Aaron is angry oo. He said you are wasting the tutorial money he paid," she exclaims and bursts into laughter.

"Tell the man to calm down jhare," I reply with laughter in my voice. "I'm almost through".

"You are resuming tomorrow. No forget"

"Why would I?"

"You haven't made your hair na," she hisses. "That's why I'm even calling. Better fly here oo. I'm at the hairdresser's shop".

"Sandra, I don't want to spend too much na. The one I spent on clothes is enough"

"Shut up! No open your mouth again"

"Why not? I go open am"

"You dey mad. Stubborn girl. You want them to insult your hair"

"Na that kain thing I wan stop. I no wan dey listen to people's talk again. I no wan base my life on people's rubbish words".

She sighs. "True though but there is this mad hairstyle I want you to try out".

"Is it expensive to make?"

"Well......" She trails off.

"You see yourself. Where una dey see this money sef?"

"My dad!" She says mirthfully.

That pierces my heart. I wish my dad was alive so I could bill him. Hehe! I can imagine how his expression would have been. I guess that's how life is. I have to survive alone. I have to be an independent woman and make them proud.

"Are you coming?" Sandra inquires.

"No! I don't want to spend your dad's money on my hair"

"Ify na! Wetin dey do you? We have fine clothes, you na want to ruin the plan with your rat hair"

"Jesus! Did you just call my hair rat hair?"

"Yes! Come and beat me. I will send you the salon's address"

"Smart girl but your plan won't work. I'm not coming to beat you. Bye bye"

"You no well," she whines and begins to fake her sobs.

"Awwn! I'm sorry, dear"

"It's because I love you. I want you to show Precious pepper. Please, come na"

"I don't want to spend money foolishly"

"Please na"

"No!"

"It's my birthday gift to you"

"My birthday is next Month. Give it to me then"

"You are rejecting my gift?"

"Yes"

"Ify, my heart is broken. How can you reject a friend's gift? How?"

"Bye!"

"If you cut this call, our friendship ends here"

I eye my phone. "Oh really?"

"Yes," she replies, trying to sound serious.

"Okay! Do your worst," I chuckle and cut the call. I let out a sigh and smile. It feels good to have a friend who cares. I hardly laugh but as I sit staring at my phone, I burst into a hearty laughter. I know Sandra will be annoyed by this but I'm so grateful that I have a friend who is willing to hold onto me despite my strange personality.

   A/N: Thanks for reading. You are beautiful the way you are. You don't have to change yourself. Be Happy always.

Pls leave a comment and Vote. 💃💃💃😌❤️❤️

 💃💃💃😌❤️❤️