Chapter Twenty-one

SHOUT-OUT to davido_J for her support. ❤️❤️❤️🥺

       ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

    Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.      

                         — Helen Keller

      ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I don't plan to give up anymore. My Heavenly Father is saying something to me and I need to listen to His voice. Surrendering to God isn't hard, rather it's the best decision. It feels so unfair that not all get to enjoy this peace. I didn't even get to enjoy this peace before but now I do.

I'm like...."Baba God I don do my best, na to leave am for you to handle I don dey do now".

That lifestyle is healthier for me. "Surrender all to whom created all" – this words won't make much sense to you now but I pray the Holy Spirit explains better to you.

My Father has said this to me, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go".

I roll out of the king-size bed and drop to the floor. I force myself to my feet and sigh. I'm not a fan of waking up early. I was before but with this soft, comfy bed, I'm not. I'm also tired, you know. Yesterday, I had to supply my online customers with the dresses they had ordered. It's been two week after the fire accident. I'm still recovering mentally, physically and financially from it. Rita is truly dead. It still hurts to remember. She is resting now but I'm worried. I'm not in the place to judge but did she live a life pleasing to God?

Geez! This thought drives me crazy.

People tend to question God alot but always remember that He is mysterious but a faithful God.

"I'm sure it's my therapist that is causing all this spiritual talk," I sigh groggily. Aaron had forced me to meet up with a therapist two times a week. He believes my experience with my Aunt and Uncle might have affected me psychologically. I hope he doesn't think I'm mad. I walk to the bathroom and wash my face. I brush my teeth and sluggishly head down the stairs. I'm still living in Sandra's house and my online fashion business is booming. Why? Because Aaron's mother who is a famous fashion designer bought a gown from me and wore it to an international fashion event. People fell in love with my design and want to have theirs too.

Aaron and I now have a brother-sister bond. He had told me he had prayed to God to be a blessing to someone's life. He wanted to use his wealthy to glorify Him. He donated to charity and for church development. However, when he met me, he felt the need to help me. He said he knew if he hadn't, the devil would have used me as his pawn because I was helpless and alone. That's why he was helping and not because of the reason I had in mind. I'm surprised to see that the Love of God can and has changed the hearts of some people. That's amazing. Love your neighbor as yourself!

Sandra is still the loving friend and sister she is. I stroll into the kitchen and get a chilled bottle of water from the refrigerator. I walk back to the living room. It's dark because Sandra likes to keep everywhere dark. That's her reason for getting thick curtains. The sun ray can't even pass through it. I begin to open them and I switch on the light.

"SURPRISE!"

Everyone – Ekene, Aaron, Sandra, Mrs Yemi and my friends from tutorial jump out of their hiding spots, screaming: "Happy Birthday, Ifunanya".