008: St. Pauls

Kory came out shortly after beating the shit out of Travis, and his buddy I think, and she was carrying our food. She sat in the car, and handed us our food.

"Chicken, waffles, pancakes, and bacon. On the house, apparently." Kory explains.

"Fuck yeah!" I exclaim.

"Well I know one thing about you." Rachel says.

"Total badass." We say at the same time.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

We make it to a large building, probably St. Pauls; the place Kory said we needed to go to. We get out of the car and walk up to the door, and Kory rings the doorbell. After a few seconds, a nun opens the door for us.

"Hello there, can I help-" The nun cuts herself off and looks Kory up and down. "You're back."

"My lord, it can't be." The nun looks to Rachel. "Is this her? Oh! Look how big you've gown. It's been such a long time, my child."

She lets us inside and has us take a seat at a table, then gets me and Rachel drinks. I wasn't very thirsty, so I only had a few sips.

"You don't remember anything?" Sister Catherine asks Kory.

"Not a thing. Only that I was looking for..."

"Her." Sister Catherine jumps in.

"Mmm-hmm." Kory hums. "Did I say why?"

"You came here a year ago and said only that she was in danger. That they'd found her." Sister Catherine says.

"Who had found her?"

"You only said you just had to find her. And you did. And you brought her back to us, right as rain and as beautiful as ever." Sister said. "You came to us just a baby. You and your mother, Melissa. You stayed with us for a while."

"You knew my mother?" Rachel asked.

"Yes. How is she?"

Rachel just stayed quiet and looked away from the nun. Sister Catherine took the hint and put on a saddened face.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"What were they doing here?" Kory asked.

"Your mother was worried about you. She was trying to protect you." Sister Catherine said.

"Protect me from what?"

"I cannot say." She paused. "You don't remember anything about being here, child?"

I just zoned out of the conversation after that, looking down at my cup and playing with the ring on my finger, the ring that was given to me by Dick. Dick. God I missed him, I don't care how much of an asshole he was; I want to hug him right now.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Your old bedroom is at the end of the hall, dear." Sister Catherine says.