018: Cat Fight

It's been three months since we all moved into the tower/apartment thing. I'm not even sure what to call it, but I guess it's home now. Anyway, the past months have been pretty fucking great.

Rachel and I are still best friends, Gar and I became a bit closer (but not as close as him and Rachel), Dick and I sort of made up, but the person I got the most close to was Jason.

The two of us found a similarity between us. We were both in orphanages and foster homes as kids. We really bonded over knowing what it's like being in the foster system and finally having someone who understands. We told all kinds of stories, good and bad.

"When I give the word, come at me." Jason tells Gar, in a ready stance.

Him and Gar were doing training. Jason had a blindfold on and Gar was supposed to beat him without one. I was just sitting back and watching this in action, like I usually did.

"And don't hold back." Jason added. Gar nodded in understanding.

"Careful Gar, you're gonna get your ass beat." I warn, wearing a smirk. Gar just gave me a joking glare.

"Did you just nod?" Jason asked.

"Yeah, got it. Just, uh... Don't hold back." Gar repeated.

Jason smirked, but his face turned serious. "GO!" He called.

Within a second or two, Jason had the wooden sword to Gars neck. Round one goes to Jason. Gar pushed the wooden sword down and tried to strike Jason, but he maneuvered out of the way and won again.

The next round lasted a bit longer. The two were doing quite well, both dodging attacks and blocking the others. My eyes shifted from Jason to Gar multiple times, but they always lingered on Jason more. His fighting was just fucking amazing, sort of like an art. I don't like calling it that after those crazy sociopaths almost killed us, but it really was.

In the end, Gar hit the back of Jason's head with the wooden sword, making me hold back my laughter but also worry because it sounded kind of hard. Round three goes to Gar, I guess.

"Fuck, man!" Jason took the blindfold off and turned to Gar.

"You said don't hold back." Gar told him.

"You did say that." I agree.

Jason turned to me with a look in his eyes, basically saying 'kindly, shut the fuck up'. I just put my arms up in mocking defense and watched the argument start.

"What were you doing? I was fucking blindfolded." Jason exclaimed.

"You said 'don't hold back'." Gar tried imitated his voice.

"Should I get the hose?" Rachel joked.

"How 'bout a spray bottle to break up this cat fight?" I joked back.

"What's goin' on?" Dick asked them.

"We did what you said, the blindfold thing, then he went nuts on me." Jason told Dick.

"He said, 'don't hold back'." Gar stated.

"I know, that's the third fucking time you said that." I groan, rubbing my face.

"Then why do we even learn to fight like this, man? Hey, it's idiotic. We have eyes." Jason said.

"'In battle, anything can be taken from you'." I quote Dick, standing up and walking beside him.

"Your hands..." Dick quickly grabbed one of Jason's hands and took the wooden sword from him.

"Your feet." He spared with Gar a little bit.

"And your eyes." Me and Dick say at the same time, as he points the wooden sword, barely, an inch from Rachel's face.

"No matter what is taken, you must be able to keep fighting." Dick told everyone.

"And win." I add in.

"All right, get changed. Attack scenarios in the tech room in five minutes. Then breakfast." He ushered everyone.

"Yo, look, it's been three months, man. When do I get to go to Gotham City?" Jason asked Dick.

My stomach dropped at hearing Jason talk about leaving. I knew I would miss him a lot and that he would be too busy doing superhero shit to hang out with me so I didn't want him to leave, but it was his decision to make in the end.

"Bruce doesn't think you're ready yet, and neither do I. I'm sorry, man. You blew your privileges." Dick told him.

"What?" He questioned.

"The Batmobile joyrides, the motorcycle on the staircase." Dick listed.

"I was practicing my tactical maneuvers." Jason told him.

"And those websites you bookmarked?" He asked.

I covered my mouth to keep from laughing. I can't believe he was talking about Jason's porn sites. He had told me about getting caught for that shit and I laughed my ass off about it, I still do when it's brought up.

"You know that's not what the Batcomputer is used for." He stated.

"Come on, man. This gig is a waste of time!" Jason exclaimed.

"It's called training. And you know as well as I do, it never stops." Dick said.

"But all we do is fight each other."

"Yeah, like equals. When you're fighting with Batman, you're a sidekick." He stated.

I knew he had struck a nerve in Jason, so I just removed myself from the reality tv show and waited outside of the door for them to finish fighting; even though it was getting to a good part.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Dick comes walking out of the door first. He gave me a curt nod and walked away, probably to his room or something. Not too long after, Jason came out as well. He had a giant smirk on his face, which could only mean one thing.

"Dick fed your, already massive, ego, didn't he?" I ask, walking beside him.

"He told me the others look up to me and follow my lead." Jason proudly stated.

"Ah," I nod. "It's true, I do have to admit that." I agreed.

"You really mean that?" Jason asked me.

"Of course I do, I wouldn't lie to you Jay." I nudge his arm, smiling.

"Good to know." He smiled back, nudging me too.

"Come on, let's head to your room." I grab his hand and sprint down the hallway to his bedroom.

"Slow the fuck down or we're gonna trip." Jason laughed.

"Calm down, Mr. Motorcycle On The Stairs." I taunt him.

"Fuck you." He rolled his eyes.

"Oh you would like to, wouldn't you?" I smirk.

"God, you're a child." Jason shook his head.

"Then that would make you a pedophile!" I joke.

"God, no!" He laughed at my antics.

•°•°•°•

I'm surprised my writing isn't super dry, if you read my other stories you would cringe hardddd.

Anyway, some wholesome content from Emily and Jason 🤍

*EDITED*