029: Becoming Closer

1 month later

"Good morning." Nick says, as I wake up.

"Morning." I sleepily rub my eyes.

"Do you want breakfast? I can make French toast." He offers, getting up from bed.

"Yeah, that sounds nice. Thanks." I smile.

In the past month, me and Nick have gotten real close. Though, we haven't slept together yet. The both of us had been staying in the same bed for the past week, and I had stopped feeling lonely.

I lay in bed, on my back, and just stare up at the roof; contemplating life. Well, more like trying to figure out my feelings and existence, but same thing.

Once he had gotten back, there was a plate of French toast with syrup he had brought to me. I took it happily and said my thanks before digging in.

"Oh my god, this tastes just like my mom's." I say.

"Is that a good thing?" He cautiously asks.

"It tastes like Heaven. So definitely." I nod.

"Good." He lets out a breath of air.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"What do you have planned for today?" I ask.

"I have to go to work, but after do you want to get dinner or catch a movie?" He replies.

"Sounds good to me, I have some errands I need to run anyway. See you later?" I raise my eyebrows.

"See you." Nick responds, waving as he walks out of the door.

"Now, time to save some lives." I crack my knuckles and go into my closet to get my suit.

I put it on and open my window, sitting on the ledge for a bit before jumping out and landing on another roof. The wind whips' through my hair as I run and jump from roof to roof.

Something I should mention is that I have been a vigilante for the past month, fighting crime and shit. It's cool and all, but I missed my friends a lot. Specifically, my brother; even if he isn't my real one, I still love him. I know he isn't always the best person at times and he's selfish and arrogant, but he's the only actual family I know.

The sound of grunting and screams of pain cut my thoughts short and I'm brought back into reality when I see two guys getting ganged up on by, like, seven other dudes. So, being the sexy ass hero I am, I jump on one one the dudes and break his neck.

Another thing I should mention is that I started... Ending the bad guys. At first it wasn't on purpose, but I started to realize nobody cares and if I just... Get rid of them it helps out the world and gives cops less to worry about. I wouldn't call myself a killer, more like... I don't know, just not a killer.

Never a killer.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

After a long day of fighting crime, I decided it would be good to finally go back to my hotel room; before Nick gets off of work. I climb into the window, I left slightly cracked, and go into the bathroom to take a shower and clean myself from other peoples blood. After finishing up I put my dirty suit into my laundry basket, to clean later, and change into more casual clothes. 

*knock knock*

"Come in." I call to who was on the other side of the door.

At first I had thought it was Nick, but the person kept knocking on the door so started getting suspicious about this whole situation. Cautiously, I crept towards the door. A knife appeared in my hand when I wanted it to so that I was armed, just in case something happens. Slowly, I opened the door. As soon as I could see the other side of the door, my vision turned black and I felt an impact before passing out.