012: Alive?

"No, no fucking way is she going in there to talk to that fucking psychopath. Not alone, anyway." I firmly say.

"I need to talk to him. Alone." Rachel stated.

"We don't think that's a good idea." Dick told her.

"Why? 'Cause I can't take care of myself?"

"That's not the point, Rachel." I tell her.

"I need to find out who he is! Why he's chasing me." She exclaimed.

"I don't trust him." Dick stopped pacing.

"What's not to trust? The man's tied up." Kory said. "One word from Rachel, and I'll put my foot through his face."

"I'd do a lot more than that." I grip the table.

"Dick, Emily, please." Rachel pleads.

"Five minutes." He finally gives in.

"Thank you." She said.

I let go of the table and ball my hands in a fist, thinking of all the things that could go wrong.

"Em." I turn towards Rachel, "It's fine, i'm not going to get hurt. I promise." She places her hand on my shoulder.

"Alright. Okay, you can go." I reluctantly sigh.

"Thanks." She gives me a small smile.

Rachel walks out and goes to the bathroom, where Adamson is chained up. I get a bad feeling in my stomach all of a sudden, but try to push it aside.

'Rachel's got this, she's strong'

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I was sitting on the couch with Rachel and Gar, my legs sprawled across hers. There was a silence between the three of us, one where we all were thinking; in our own little worlds.

Dick and Kory walk in, and Dick sits on the couch beside Gar while Kory stands beside it. Another silence forms, one with sighing and staring.

"He says your birth mother is still alive." Dick states.

I move my legs off of Rachel in surprise, my mouth slightly agape. I had, originally, thought she was dead; Rachel watched her die.

"What?" She asked in disbelief. At this, Gar sat up.

"He claims they've been holding her prisoner. He may be lying." Dick starts.

"He says your mother's name is Angela Azarath. They're holding her at some asylum." Kory continues, sitting beside Dick. "Apparently, he and his people are dead set on keeping you two apart."

"Why?" Gar asked.

"Yeah, why the fuck would they do that!?" I exclaim.

Kory sighed. "Some more blabber about Rachel's father and his divine mission. I don't know. Sounds like your mother isn't a fan."

"My mom's alive. I could meet my mom." Rachel shakily breathes. "We have to go. Now." She stood up.

"Even if he is telling the truth, this could be a trap." Dick said.

"We could be marching into an enemy stronghold." I realize.

"Yes. You've seen what these people can do. No one's going anywhere until we take some time for recon." He agreed with me.