009: Lions, and Tigers, and Bears. Oh My!

Rachel and I look around, seeing where the sound had come from. The left? The right? Maybe behind us?

"What the fuck was that sound?" I ask.

"I think... It was a tiger." Rachel stammers.

After she had said that, a green tiger approached us. Wait. Green? What type of tiger is green, is this a new species? It circles around us for a little bit before stopping in front of the both of us. It sounded as if its bones were cracking and it were transforming into something.

It ran off into the bushes quickly, and Rachel and I stayed put; in a shocked state. I gripped her hand tighter and just looked in the direction the green tiger went.

We slowly walked over that way, careful as to not be seen. All of the sudden, a person gasps and the boy with the green hair from the roller rink hops out from the bush.

"How... How'd you-"

"Don't worry. I don't bite." He jogs up to us.

"Well come on." Gar takes Rachels hand.

She looks back at me and I just smirk and wiggle my eyebrows, watching the cute scene in front of me. We all run in some direction, to a destination I'm unsure of. But, because this kid literally turned into a fucking tiger, I follow him; and also he has Rachel, so... I can't really leave her.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"It's not too far from here." Gar was telling us. "We'll just warm up for a bit."

"What's not far from here? Where are we going?" Rachel asked.

"Yeah, where the fuck are you taking us. Mr. Mystery Man." I sass.

"Someplace you can chill." He told us.

"We can't chill. You don't understand  I- I'm changing, and I can feel it. And it's getting worse." Rachel says.

'That's puberty summed up for you.' I chuckle at my joke.

"Well, no worse than the crew I live with. Trust me." Gar says. "We're, uh, special too."

"I'm not special. I'm dangerous." She responds. "You saw what I did back there. I-"

"And you saw what I did back there." He cuts her off.

"Which, may I add, was fucking cool." I speak up.

"Thanks." He smiles at me. "I never caught your name?"

"Oh, it's Emily. But you can call me Em." I extend my hand to him.

"I'm Garfield, but you can calk me Gar. It's nice to meet you, Em." He takes my hand.

"It's nice to meet you, too, Gar."

"You guys aren't scared of me, right?" He hesitantly asked.

"No. No. I blew a roof off a church." Rach says.

"And I killed someone." I add. "And you're still helping us, so..."

"Wait, you killed someone?" Rachel asked me.

"A story for a different time." I wave her off.

"I got green hair." We laugh at that.

"Freaks all around, I guess." He adds.

A few gunshots go off in the distance and it scared the crap outta me. I put my hand on my heart and tried to regain my steady breathing.

"That scared the tits off of me." I exclaim.