028: A Real Date

I get up to the second floor and walk out of the elevator, looking for my room number. I see room 205, 206, and finally 207. I stop at the door and put the key into the lock and open it.

Inside, it was small but nice. There was a double bed in the corner and it had a bedside table next to it. There was a dresser on the other side of the room and a mini fridge rested on top of it. I walked over to the dresser and placed my bag beside the mini fridge, not trusting to put my clothes inside of the dresser.

I sit on the bed and sigh, leaning back and placing my arm overtop of my eyes. I stay like this for a little bit, just thinking about what had happened in the last few days.

"Fuck me." I whisper. "I miss them already."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

A knock sounded at my door. I look over at the clock to see that it was 6:57 p.m., a few minutes before I was to meet with Nick. I stand up, the sweater I stole from Jason draped over my body, and I open the door. Nick stood there wearing blue jeans, and a black button-up.

He actually looked pretty attractive, as he wasn't in his ugly uniform anymore.

"Hey, I'll be out in a minute." I greet.

"Take your time, I am a bit early." Nick reassures.

I gently shut the door, leaving Nick waiting in the hallway. I quickly put on a yellow skirt with pink, light yellow, and black stripes and a black shirt, tucking it into the skirt. I grab one of my purses and put my wallet and phone into it. I throw on a pair of white socks with two black stripes at the top and put on my shoes.

Afterwards, I open the door and greet Nick once again. "Hey." I say, gently shutting and locking my door and turning back to him. "So, where are we going?"

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"A bar?" I question, staring up at the Whitechapel bar.

"Yeah, it'll be fun. Come on!" Nick takes my hand, dragging me to the door.

"Nick, I'm underage. I can't get in there legally." I state.

"That's fine, neither can I. I have a guy on the inside, he'll get us in." He reassures me.

Once we get to the door, Nick and the bouncer lock eyes then the bouncer moves out of the way and lets us inside. I look around, as I had never been inside this bar before.

"How on Earth did you get that bouncer to let us in, anyway?" I ask, looking at all of the people around us.

"I'm friends with his brother. The bouncers name is Derek, he's a pretty good guy." Nick says. "Now, let's go get a drink?"

"Yeah, let's." I take his hand and walk over to the bartender. "One beer, please."

"I never took you for the beer type." Nick raises his eyebrows.

"You haven't gotten to know me yet." I smirk.

"One beer." The bartender hands it to me.

"Well, I'm willing to." Nick tells me.

"That's good, why else would we be here then?" I take a sip of my drink.

"One whiskey, please and thank you." Nick asks the bartender.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I laugh. "No way!" I say.

"Yes way, and I'm proud of it." Nick states, holding in a laugh.

"There is no way you took ballet, you don't look like that kinda person." I shake my head.

"'You haven't gotten to know me yet'." He quotes what I had said an hour and a half ago.

"Ah, so he listens too. Charming." I take a sip of my second beer of the night.

"I heard women like when a man listens. Learned it from the best." Nick tells me.

"Oh? So who's the best?" I question.

"My dad... He passed away a few years ago. But, let's not get all touchy feely."

"No, I understand. Let's get touchy feely." I motion for him to continue.

"Well, it was dark that night. Really dark. I had just gotten into a fight with my father and left the house. I was outside for so long and I'm pretty sure he went out to find me. That was the night that the Joker decided to go after more innocent people. My dad was one of those people and the Titans couldn't get to him on time." He says, hanging his head in shame. "God, I never should have left. It's all my fault."

"It's alright. This wasn't your fault, don't blame yourself." I rub his arm softly.

"Maybe you're right, but I still feel a bit responsible for my dad's death; and I think I always will." Nick states.

We sit in a comfortable silence, just sipping our drinks. Finally done waiting for Nick to speak up and, because I'm a bad bitch that can do things on her own, I clear my throat and start talking.

"Let's dance, C'mon." I put my drink down and grab his hand, dragging him to the dance floor.

"I don't really dance." Nick tells me, looking semi nervous.

"That's fine, just follow the music." I say, moving my body to the sound playing through the bar.

He watches me for a minute before I turn around and make him start dancing. I laugh at how terrible he was and he just jokingly gives me the finger and rolls his eyes.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Hahaha, you are so funny." I drunkinly laugh.

"Thanks, I guess I've always been sort of a jokester." Nick shrugs.

"Thanks for walki- walking me home. I knew... I could... Count on... You..." I say, slowly losing conscious before finally blacking out fully.

When I wake up I see that I am back in my hotel room in my bed, in the same clothes as last night. I look around and see that there was water, a note, and Advil on my bedside table. I pop the pill into my mouth and take a gulp of the water before picking up the note and reading it.

Emily,

This is Nick. You fell asleep as we got up to your room. I hope you don't mind that I took the keys from your bag to unlock your door, I didn't touch anything else. Make sure to drink lots of water. And, I had a fun time last night.

p.s. my number is xxx-xxx-xxxx

- Nick

•°•°•°•°•

Yep, that is where I am going to leave this off. How do you guys feel about Nick so far?

*EDITED*