023: Falling

"Hank was right. You were all right. Jason needs us. We can't just stand here and do nothing." Dick says, leaning against the kitchen counter.

I was just staring at my hands while listening to what he was saying. My mind was cycling through ideas of what could be happening to Jason at the moment and I was only getting more and more on edge.

"Deathstroke wants to make a trade, we'll make a trade." Dick continues.

"We can't hand over Rose." Hank states.

"Yeah, I'm not letting him take her." I speak up. "Think of another plan, Dick!"

"We won't." He tells me. "But I have an idea. Gar, you and Rachel stay here with Rose. Protect the tower. I'll contact Deathstroke, confirm our meetup at the Plaza. And then we take him down, once and for all, together."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Dick, what am I doing?" I ask, catching up to him.

"You'll stay here, I don't want you coming with us." He states.

"That's bullshit! I have to come with you guys." I exclaim.

"We've been over this, Em, it's not gonna happen." Dick says.

"Please? I have to make sure he's okay and if something happened and I wasn't there I could never forgive myself." My voice lowers. "I'm not gonna ask again... I need this."

It's quiet for a moment.

"Fine, you can come."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"We set?" Hank asks.

"Plaza's clear." Donna says.

"Yep." Kory agrees.

"I'm in position." Dawn states. "Dick, Emily, do you copy?"

"I copy, I'm in position." I respond.

"Dick, come in. Anybody got eyes on Dick?"

"Dick, we're at the Plaza. Where the fuck are you?" Hank asks.

"Dick, do not fucking do this." I tell him, having an inkling of what Dick's trying to do.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Kory throws fire at Deathstroke, to stop him from pressing a button to drop Jason off the side of the building and kill him, and knocks him down.

"Are you seriously listening to this bullshit?" Kory asks.

"What are you doing here?" Dick ignores the question.

"Did you really think you were gonna compliment my hair instead of saying goodbye, Dick Grayson?" Kory retaliates.

"And leave me without even an 'I love you', no fucking way is that going to happen." I tell him, spinning a knife in one hand and a gun in my other.

Where I got the knife, I'm still trying to wrap my head around but it doesn't matter to me in this moment. All that matters is killing this asshole and saving these other two assholes.