Grave Digging

-GRAVE DIGGING-

-GRAVE DIGGING-

●♧♧●

Walking into the graveyard, the realism of the situation finally sank in more than it did.

Verena was gone...missing and could be in danger.

A mundane was kidnapped under our watch.

And don't forget the Clave rules we'd break.

Or the Accords.

I sighed and shook my head, catching up with Iz, Jace and the annoying redhead.

"Whose grave is it?" I wanted to get Verena and leave. Go back to the Institute.

"Mary Milligan, born January tenth, eighteen o'two. Died January tenth, eighteen-seventy-eight." Izzy told us, smirking with the confidence she always had. She was driven by missions. Not the clave, but the adrenaline the missions could give.

"Alright, Alec, let's go." Jace announced, waving his hand in my direction.

"Wait, what are we looking for?" Clary asked, confused. I rolled my eyes and looked away from her. I couldn't stand the girl.

"Cache of weapons."

"Stashed here with Mrs. Milligan." Jace smirked, adding on from Izzy.

"Why are there Shadowhunter weapons in a churchyard?" Clary asked, and I sent a look to Jace. This girl could ruin the mission with her questions.

"Because all of the ancient religions recognize demons. Or at least they used to." Izzy explained. And I sighed inside.

"They forgot about the thread because we've been here to protect them. Typical mundane failure of imagination." I told her, adding onto Izzy's explanation.

She wasn't a Shadowhunter, so why did Clary care where we stored weapons?

All she wanted was to get her Mom back, no matter who got hurt.

"Are you saying we did too good a job? You just can't let up, can you?" Izzy spat, but in a joking way. I rolled my eyes, though, and skimmed the view of the perimeter.

"You know what? Alec, why don't you go check out by the angel?" I scoffed at Jace's orders and walked off to the angel, looking for Mary Milligan.