I Hate Her

—I HATE HER—

—I HATE HER—

●♤♤●

"Luke." Jocelyn gasped out and i bit my lip. I felt the tears gather. But i wasn't happy she was awake. I'd have to confront her...and i'd end up speaking my mind completely and i...i won't hold back.  

"Mom! Mom!" Clary cried, tears falling as she hugged Jocelyn tightly. "I've missed you so much."

"Oh, i'm so sorry i didn't tell you about your past." Jocelyn sighed and Clary shook her head.

"Not-not now. I have had enough for one day. We can talk about all that later. Right now, i just-i just really need my mom." Clary and Jocelyn hugged tightly and Clary cried more.

"It's okay." Jocelyn comforted and i glared at the ground. Clary wasn't the one that needed a fucking mom. I did. I needed her when my life when tits up and guess what...she wasn't there. She was never there. "Rena." She breathed out, detatching herself from Clary. She opened her arms as she walked towards me, but Alec stood in front of me ever so slightly.

"I think it's best you don't do that, ma'am." Alec said respectfully, crossing his arms as he stood protectively in front of me. This...man. My heart fluttered but the feeling was washed away as the anger seeped through me.

"She's my daughter." Jocelyn said incredulously and in disbelief at the way my husband acted. "And who are you to stop me from hugging my daughter?"

"I'm her husband." Alec replied calmly, although by the way his shoulders tensed, he felt angry like me.

"I think we need a little chat." I spoke for the first time, masking my anger for a moment. "Alone." I gripped onto Alec's hand - which he held out to me - and left the room. I headed for mine and Alec's shared room, Jocelyn following closely behind.

"Verena, please." Jocelyn scoffed, slapping her hands on her thighs. Just like Clary. "THis is ridiculous!"

"No, it's not." I gritted, not looking over my shoulder until i got to the room. It had never occured to me that Jocelyn didn't realise i knew what i did. She didn't know i knew the truth.

All the more reason to be pissed off.

"Verena Fray listen-"

"It's Verena Lightwood." I emphasised the last name, making it clear to the woman behind me that i was not a Fray or Fairchild anymore. I turned and there was a look of hurt inside Jocelyn's eyes, one that made me smirk. "I know...i know about it all." I felt my nose twitch as tears gathered in my eyes. "I know about Raziel....i know about Mags...i know you were a selfish bitch that took me from my father figure....i know you were a woman that would rather her oldest, precious, no good fucking daughter be protected by the youngest. I KNOW IT ALL!" I screamed the last part, getting my point across that i was fuming. Tears streaked down my face and Jocelyn looked guilty as tears of her own gathered.

"Rena...i didn't mean for you to find out, i-"

"That's the worst part!" I cried, feeling that familiar itching feeling on my back. I took in a deep breath. Calm. Go ommm.

"I never meant for you to develop!" Jocelyn yelled, motioning towards my pained expression because of my back.

"I have gone through fucking hell! I have almost gone to Heaven!" I screamed, taking a step towards Jocelyn. "I have found love and i have found my family. I have everything i need and i wished you were fucking dead!"

"You don't...i'm-i'm still your mother!" Jocelyn cried, standing her ground as i drew closer.

"YOU AREN'T MY MOTHER!" I felt my wings tear out from my back and i felt a force erupting from me, making Jocelyn fly back towards the wall of the room. She hit it with a thud and then fell to the floor, where her face scrunched up in pain. "You never were."

"You talk about me being the selfish one?" Jocelyn chuckled humourlessly. "Look at you. Standing there...all high and mighty. You don't know half of what i did to protect you."

"You weren't protecting me! You were protecting Clary! You were preparing me for a battle i never knew about!"

"I was preparing you for your destiny! Your prophecy that must be forfilled!"

"No." I shook my head, letting my wings hide themselves inside my back as i took a step back, into Alec's arms. He crossed his arms over my chest and held me tightly. Something i needed desperately. "No, you weren't."

"Then i don't know what else to say." Jocelyn stood up shakily, and i glared, flashing my golden eyes.

"I hope you find peace knowing you broke me. Knowing you ruined my life...my friendships...my morals? I hope you're fucking happy you rotten piece of shit." Jocelyn had nothing else to say towards my wishes. Instead, she walked out of the room, her head held high.

"Hey, you okay?" Alec asked, spinning me gently to face him. He sighed and looked at me with sympathy, raising his hand to my face as he wiped my tear stained cheek with his thumb. It was oddly soft.

"No." I cried, wrapping my arms around his torso as i freely let the tears fall. He accepted the hug, holding me tightly as he let my tears soak his shirt. "I hate her! I hate her so much."

"I know, baby. I know." Alec gently stroked my hair, making sure he held me tight - still.

Something told me, the Institute would become the next battle grounds for a while between me and Jocelyn.

Sorry it's so short, i had a long while of writer's block and it is, unfortunately, the end to part one of the Verena Fray series. Hope you all enjoyed it and let me know what you think. Again, sorry for the shortness of the chapter xx