Coming Home

—COMING HOME—

COMING HOME

♤♤

With dying trees lining both sides of me and my Dad, i couldn't help but wonder if i was dying?

The tunnel at the end had a bright light...and people normally begged those that were dying not to go towards it.

"Dad?" I whispered, and he turned to look at me. "Why are we going towards the light?" In this place, wherever it was, it was always dark. There were always trees, water, a chill to the breeze that nipped your nose. It reminded you, you were still living.

But i felt dead. I wanted to be dead. My life was crumbling, and Alec wasn't marrying me.

"Yes, Naevre?" Apprently, my father had given me the birth name Naevre. (Nay-Vuh-Ray). And when he tried to tell Luke what to call me, Luke couldn't understand properly because of the Downworlder blood in his system. Instead, he heard Verena. I wasn't bothered. I much prefered the name Luke had made out from Dad's attempt made at naming me.

"I want to go home." I mumbled, and my Dad smiled softly at me.

"We are going home." I gestured with his hand towards the bright light and i frowned.

"Where is that?"

"Heaven. Naevre, it's heaven."

"No. No, i want to go home." I felt the familiar pain soar through my body as my anger rose.

"Verena, you need to calm down." Dad said with a hand held out towards me.

"No!" I yelled, but it sounded much more loud and echoed. It resonated throughout the dark woods. I felt my skin rip, but this time i liked it. The sickening feeling of blood pouring onto my back but i smiled victoriously.

"Verena, my pride and joy, you have shown me you are ready." Dad stayed with his hand raised, but i saw the proud look in his eyes.

"I'm going home."

●♧♧●

I was in the Institute, lingering, mostly. I wanted to see Verena desperately. But i was breaking more and more each time i did.

I will lose a part of myself if she died.

"I need a word with you, now." My father seethed as he stalked towards me. I turned and frowned a little. What had i done now? "Were you planning on telling us about your engagement before we left for Idris?"