Portal of Safety

—PORTAL OF SAFETY—

PORTAL OF SAFETY

●♤♤●

Standing with Magnus felt normal, like home. From my memories I now understood that he was my father figure.

"Clary Fairchild. You’ve grown into a beautiful young woman." Mag said as Clary and Jace approached us.

"Magnus Bane. So you’re the one who stole my memories." She spat, glaring at Magnus. I glared at her back and when she looked at me, I saw the fear. Maybe my eyes were glowing?

"It's fine, my dear." Magnus muttered to me and I sighed, looking away from Clary. "At your mother’s request. She knew the risk. Show me the jewelry, Shadowhunter. You have already given me half the deal." I was part of a deal?

Not complaining, to be honest. I do not want to find Mom.

Jace held up the necklace and Magnus went to grab it, but before he could, Jace pulled it back.

"Ooh… Give Clary back her memories, and you get the jewelry." He proclaimed and Magnus sighed, standing up a little straighter. He grabbed my hand and gave me a subtle wink. Why? I don't know.

"I have to confirm it's authenticity." Magnus smirked. A plan was forming in his mind, I knew. He was going to leave without giving Clary her memories.

Jace placed the necklace in Magnus' free and awaiting hand, and the man smirked.

""Amor verus numquam moritur.” "True love cannot die." Oh, how I’ve missed this jewel." Magnus sighed with a small smile as he gripped the necklace in his hand. I looked out to the crowd and saw Alec, looking at me and Magnus with jealousy? Anger? I couldn't tell. But it sure wasn't happiness.

"Now it's your turn to pay up." Clary demanded and Magnus smirked.

"I wish I could retrieve your memories, but I no longer have them." The warlock informed my sister, who almost glowed in disappointment and anger.

"What? Where are they?"

"I fed them to a memory demon for safekeeping."

"And why the hell would you do that?" Jace snapped, getting defensive. I glared at him, and I felt my wings itching to come out. But Magnus gripped my hand tighter. It was a tactic he used to do to get my anger under control when I was a kid.

"To protect Clary and the Cup. If Valentine ever captured me, he could torture Clary’s memories out of me. Just like he tortured Dot." He explained and I felt my breath hitch.