Order of Arrest

—ORDER OF ARREST—

ORDER OF ARREST

●♤♤●

Me and Alec stood together, just...content.

"I'm sorry." Lydia apologised, looking between me and Alec. I glanced at Alec before frowning at the blonde.

"For...?" I hesitantly asked before Lydia walked away from us...and went towards Izzy.

"Isabelle Lightwood, by order of the Clave, you are under arrest for high treason."

"No." I gasped out, bringing a hand to my mouth as i comprehended the information given.

"What? On what grounds?" Alec asked, fuming a little, as he placed a hand on my shoulder comfortingly.

"Only a handful of people knew about the Meliorn op. And only three people knew that Verena was given a sedative to knock her out." I saw Izzy gulped and i stared at the ground. I counted the number of toes i had. Anything to get out of the awkwardness. Alec was conflicted, i knew that much. He was pissed that Lydia was arresting his sister, and he was confused on why i had been sedated. "Isabelle, you were with Jace when he gave her the sedative."

"And everyone knows she's sleeping with him." I almost physically growled at Raj, wanting to give him a good right hook, but i decided against it.

"You know what, Lydia? You're no better than Valentine." Izzy spat. "But at least he had the guts to tell Downworlders to their faces he wanted them all dead. You hide behind the Law."

"I don't hide behind it, Isabelle. I simply follow it. Because it guards against one very important thing. Shadowhunters fighting other Shadowhunters." Lydia explained and i grimaced at her. 

"If she's convicted, she'll be stripped of her runes and banished. I can't let that-" Alec was cut off by Izzy, who had given her stele to Raj.

"Don't." She sharply said. "It's not your fight."

"Izzy, no!" I yelled a little loudly, going towards her. "No...no, you can't go." I said. I felt like i was losing a piece of me. Even though the actual ceremony hasn't happened, sometimes it felt like Izzy really was my parabatai.

She was best friend.

Even if she sedated me. Well, to be fair, it wasn't her. It was Jace. I went to say something but Izzy smiled slighly at me. She got taken away by Raj, and Alec had to literally drag me away as he walked away from Lydia.

●♧♧●

I walked into the Training room. Upon doing so, i saw Lydia boxing. Rena said she was going back to our room. Which was my room, however, Rena had now decided she was going to be staying there as well.