30 • Is That A Threat? ✓

Chapter 30: Is That A Threat?

"So he's been here all night?"

A male voice brings me out of my sleep, I'm not 100% awake but still in that state where I couldn't care what was happening around me as long as no one bothers me.

"I'm guessing so, do you know if they are..." A female voice trailed off, pretty sure my mom.

Hey mom.

"Only one way to find out." The male voice muttered, before I heard a loud clap beside my ear.

I have never jumped so fast in my life, which wasn't the best decision as I head-butted Stiles and then proceeded to fall off of the bed.

Definition of graceful.

"Ow! Oh my god Mia, what the- dad?!" Stiles blurted out at the sight of his dad at the doorway next to my mom.

What are they doing up here?

"Stiles." Noah smiled at him, but not a nice, welcoming smile that he always seems to have.

This one was pissed.

"Care to explain why I came home to find that you weren't there? Then get a phone call from Ms Martin here saying you were passed out with her daughter in bed?"

I lifted my head up from the floor, swiftly blowing the hair out of my face and propping my head up with my elbow so I could stare at Stiles. "Yeah, Stiles. Explain."

Gotta keep in his dads good books now.

The look I receive back from Stiles is slightly terrifying- and that's coming from someone who wanted to chop off a werewolves arm once.

"You see, I felt bad how Mia wasn't spending enough time with just, uh.. me lately so I suggested we had a kind of movie date. Then we fell asleep obviously, you know? Hence the reason you walked in and we were all snoring and not awake and stuff."

Well that was, kind of understandable I guess.

"Date?" My mom piped up.

"Yes, mom, date. God, its not the fifties we don't go on exhibitions to the dinosaurs anymore."

"That makes no sense, Mia.." Stiles frowned in confusion.

"Half-asleep Mia makes no sense." My mom shrugged it off.

Stiles chuckled, "Mia in general doesn't make sense." He muttered.

"Heard that you di-" I saw the warning glance off of my mom, "uh, ditch?"

That was a great save on my part.

Noah shook his head, pointing to my door. "Come on Stiles, you got school to go too and you're not going like that. Lets go."

Stiles groaned, rather animatedly and hopped up from my bed and walking over to me before kneeling down as I was still on my little propped up position on the floor, casually.

"See ya at school Mia." He smiled, but this didn't look real. At all. Being pulled into a very awkward hug he murmured, "No you won't, I got Jackson duty."

Jackson duty?

Oh yeah he's a lizard, where even is he? Isn't it technically kidnap if Stiles is hiding him somewhere?

"Yeah, see you at school Stilinski." I fake smiled as he pulled away and walked off with his dad, leaving my with my mom who is staring at me.

Jumping up off of the floor and flopping face down onto my bed, my mom follows suit and sits next to me.

"So.. you two, huh? Did you..." She drawled out, probably not wanting to know the answer but is still asking anyway.