39 • Pity Party ✓

Chapter 39: Pity Party 

(so in the next few chapters, i tried out third person. and i'm far too lazy to re-write it all now. but just know it's only for a few chapters before going back to mia's pov)

Silence was the only thing Mia wanted, and of course it was the one thing she couldn't get

Silence was the only thing Mia wanted, and of course it was the one thing she couldn't get. From where she was upstairs she could hear Lydia putting everything together for their party, but more so just Lydia's as she just couldn't care less.

Why should they be celebrating? Especially the year Mia found out that her birthday is a fake one, two birthdays are a good thing she kept telling herself but there's only so many more times she can say that and actually mean it.

"Mia? Do you-"

"Nope." She cut the muffled voice on the other side of her door off, "I'm moping." She yells, "Come back when you have food!"

It's silent for a moment before the door slowly opens making her groan loudly but it changes into a confused "what?" when Allison's head pokes around the now ajar door. "So you don't need company?"

Oh. Well, now I feel like a dick.

She sent a sheepish smile to her friend, "Am I being too harsh today? I'm not into the birthday thing right now."

Allison shook her head, walking inside and closing the door behind her. "Honestly it's you, I was expecting harsher." She chuckles. "You might need to come down at some point though, Lydia's expecting a show from you- even if it's just a little one."

"Mhm." Mia hummed in reply, idly starting to pick up clothes from the floor and throwing them onto her bed.

Her friend watches her for a moment with a sad look on her face as she blurts out, "I'm sorry."

The clothes from Mia's hands drop to the floor as she turns to Allison with wide eyes, "What? Are you- Why are you sorry? You- You having nothing to be sorry for!" She babbled before she could help it.

Allison unwrapped her scarf from around her neck and held it in her hands as she stared down to her lap, "When Derek went in to save Scott, he ended up finding my mom standing over you, why were you there? God, Why was my mom there? She should never have even-"

"Allison..." Mia trailed off, staring at her sadly. "It's okay, I'm okay." She paused, trying to gauge Allison's reaction. "And in a weird way, I guess I understand why she did it."

Her friends head snapped up to stare at her in disbelief, "Mia she- she had you and Scott locked in some room and poisoning you with... How did the wolfsbane even affect you? When Derek came out holding you and Scott I didn't know what to think."

Mia could hear the distress clear in Allison's tone and can't help but feel guilty even when she was the one who was being hurt by her mom. "Allison- I- I wish I knew, alright? I really do, but I have no clue. Just please tell me Derek didn't kill her..."