42 • Comeback Of A Hale ✓

Chapter 42: Comeback Of A Hale

You know that saying, the one where it goes 'it can't get any worse than rock bottom?' I used to really believe that. That was until the already terrible day I was having got much, much worse.

After the game was finished and Jackson was rushed off after attacking and killing himself, being one of the strangest plot twists of this entire hellish few weeks, we realised after that Stiles wasn't there.

Scott and I called out for him all over the place, even Coach looked a little concerned but later said he probably just got spooked by what happened to Jackson and went away to chill out. I wish that was what happened.

The teen wolf then chose this as the time to tell me how Gerard had been pretty much blackmailing him with using everyone he loves against him. Stiles and Melissa being at the top of the list, and Stiles must have been the easier target today.

Is it wrong to want to punch an elderly man in the face?

After looking around the fields and classrooms, I quickly make my way back to the lorckerrooms in hopes that Scott has a lead- pointing anywhere.

"All right. I mean, I - I know I yell a lot, but it's not like I hate you guys." I catch Coach saying to Scott and Isaac as I walk in, quickly finding a place next to the two. "Well, I kind of hate Greenberg, but, you know, that's different. It's Greenberg." Coach carries on, shooting me a look. "Know what I mean, Martin?"

"Mhm, I get you."

Coach nods his head, "I'm just saying we - I need you on the team. Get your grades back up."

"I will." Scott is quick to tell him, and I think anyone could believe the determination on his face.

Coach just starts to move away and follow the direction of the rest of the players. "I know."

"Well that was oddly nice of him." I comment, watching all the team filing out of the room.

Scott idly nodded his head, "Yeah... Any luck around the school?"

"None, I think you were right about Gerard." I admitted, crossing my arms over one another and rubbing my hands over the goosebumps appearing on my skin.

Scott said nothing in reply, just turning around and quite literally ripping Stiles' locker door from its hinges and started rifling through the objects inside.

"So you're gonna find him by scent?" I wondered, watching as he pulled out a shirt and a shoe.

"Yeah, we both are." He replied, passing the shoe to Isaac.

Isaac scrunched his nose up, turning the shoe over in his hands. "But how come you get his shirt and I get a shoe?"

If the situation wasn't so serious, I'd have probably laughed.

That and the fact that I'd noticed Scott move forward, causing Isaac and I to follow his gaze to find Derek standing at the doorway.

"We need to talk."

I pursed my lips, mimicking his stance and crossing my arms. "Then talk."

He was silent as he watched us before moving to the side so we could get a view of who was walking in behind him.

"All of us." A familiar voice spoke, making my whole body run cold.

"Holy shit." Scott blurted out. "What the hell is this?"