06 • Does Coach Do Opera? ✓

Chapter 06: Does Coach Do Opera?

"Mia! Mia!"

I am currently being attacked with a cushion, Lydia does not believe in letting people sleep just five more peaceful minutes. Its not like that five minutes will turn into an hour or anything, pfft.

"Go away if you value your life." I moaned, rolling over.

It also seems that not only did I not get the genius gene, I didn't get the early bird gene either.

"If you do not get up I am burning your box-sets." She really is the devil in disguise.

I peaked over the covers, looking at her frowning. "You wouldn't."

"Wanna bet?" She smirks.

My eyes widened. "Ok, ok, ok. I am up. You can leave." She raises her eyebrow at me and I sigh. "I swear on American Horror Story seasons one to three that I will get my ass out of bed."

She must of approved of that as she left shortly after, I do not see why I have to go too this Lacrosse practise. Lydia is my ride again, unfortunately so it is mandatory.

🌑

I was sat in between Lydia and Allison, both watching their guys on the field while I was wondering how Coach has not lost his voice yet. I mean really, all that guy does is shout so how does he not ever get a sore throat or anything? I wonder if its a hereditary thing. I can just see it now, Papa Finstock shouting at little Finstock for not talking loud enough.

"What are you thinking about? You got a really serious look on your face.."

I look over at Allison and decide that she is trustworthy enough to know my deepest thoughts.

"Oh, just how Coach keeps his voice raised all the time, like surely it is a really long process when he wakes up or something. Does he do mouth exercises? Does he sing opera? Honestly its actually really intriguing.."

"What are you talking about?" Allison asks with a confused face. Really, Alli. I just told you what we are talking about.

I sigh and shake my head and look back at the field till my gaze rests on Scotty. "So what happened with you two?"

"Uh, nothing. He apologised and asked for a second chance so I gave him one." She said with a soft smile.

"Thank god!" I exclaim, she raises an eyebrow. "You guys are both adorable, the longing looks exchanged make me want to jump into The Notebook and have some sappy romantic moment just so I can have the teeniest bit of love compared to your level. Seriously, It is adorable."

"No, you are adorable." I whip my head round to Lydia where she decides to pinch my cheeks. An evident frown on my face while they both laugh.

"You suck, really. You do. And Allicat, I am disappointed you would laugh at the levels at which dear Lydia has stooped to." I tut and shake my head while returning my attention back to the field.

Scott makes a run towards another player but apparently Jackson had other ideas on his play as he went running straight into him knocking to the ground.

"Ouch..." I mutter as Allison winces.

"Hey McCall! My grandmother can move faster than that, and she's dead!You think you can move faster than the corpse of my dead grandmother?!" Coach shouts.

Scott then mumbles something that I don't think any of us can hear, what is up with him?

"I can't hear you." Coach yells at him.