22 • Scale Of Sorriness ✓

Chapter 22: Scale Of Sorriness

A painful stinging sensation in my stomach was what first made me aware of anything, that and the uncomfortable oxygen mask on my face which I really wanted to pull off.

I absentmindedly lifted my hand up to pull the mask away from my mouth when a voice made its presence in the room.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you Mia, your oxygen levels are pretty low even after the surgery." That voice... Where have I heard that before?

"Hm?" Was all that could come out of my mouth, unable to actually form together words just yet.

"You got out of surgery about,- " She paused for a moment, "Seventeen hours ago, you lost quite a bit of blood and some of the internal internal damage you received is making it harder for you to breathe due to the slight pressure on your lungs so I really recommend keeping it on."

I wish I understood what she just said so I just hummed in response, already feeling pretty tired and I had only just woken up.

Definitely don't wanna get shot again.

"Do you need anything, hun?"

I thought about it for a second, theres only one thing, person, I need right now.

I sucked in a breath so I could talk, or at least try and get the words out without hurting myself. "M-my mom."

"She's with Lydia right now but she has been moving between you guys a lot so she will be over soon," I heard her sigh before the sound of footsteps came closer to me.

"God the poor woman..." She sighed. "Both her kids nearly dying in one night, I would be a wreck if this happened to Scott."

That perked my attention, Scott...

Thats why she sounded familiar.

"Speaking of Scott, he's sat outside with Stiles right now. Seems like you have quite an impression on them boys." She chuckled.

I tried my best to let a smile make its way onto my face, it probably looked pretty weird but I felt the ability to move more freely now so I fluttered my eyes open, grimacing at the bright lighting but quickly adjusting.

My eyes gazed over to the brunette woman standing beside my bed, yep, definitely Scott's mom.

"Do you want me to let them in? If they get too much don't hesitate to just kick them out."

I tried to nod my head but got hit with a sudden headache which made me scrunch my face up in pain, Melissa must have noticed as she dimmed the lights in the room down.

"Don't over work yourself okay? I'll let your mom know your awake too, but I think the Sheriff might want a word with you too."

I hummed again in response and as soon as she opened the door Scott and Stiles barged in, she looked at them with a puzzled expression.

"I was just about to get you two, what? You got super hearing now?" She laughed, not noticing Scotts wide eyes as he quickly regained himself by laughing along nervously.

"I- we were just checking and yeah here you are, funny timing." Stiles laughed along. "Definitely not listening in, thats just, thats just weird."

"So weird." Scott added on.

"Right," Melissa drawled out, "You boys be good, alright? If I hear you hurt or annoyed her I will personally hurt you both. Got it?"

"Got it." They replied back to her nervously.