25 • Put On Your War Paint ✓

Chapter 25: Put On Your War Paint

Okay, I take everything I said back. I don't want to be a part of this stupid mission.

Getting woken up at six in the morning to get ready for school was not part of the deal.

Our mom wasn't even awake, so when she woke to the sound of me screaming the ways I plan to kill Lydia its safe to say she was shocked as well as annoyed, I was told to take it easy and have a few more days off but I will honestly die of boredom if I stay at home, getting out of the house and into civilisation is all I need right now.

After being physically pulled by my hair, my face poked and prodded and clothes thrown at me rather forcefully, we were now sat in the car outside of the school - me trying not to fall back asleep whilst leaning against the window.

"Okay, so when we get out of the car stand beside me, but a little behind. Walk with your chin up and jut your hips out a little as you walk, got it?" I stare at Lydia with wide eyes, she is really taking this seriously.

"Got it." I breathed out, grabbing my bag from the dashboard.

I glanced down at my outfit, maybe this is a bit much for school... I'm wearing a pair of Lydia's black heeled boots paired with some knee high's, black skirt and a maroon crop top. According to Lydia I can pull of the bad-ass look way better than Erica can, so of course she threw in a leather jacket.

"I know you have a new.. group or whatever it is now," Lydia began, pulling her bag onto her arm. I think she's actually going to be sentimental... "-But forget about them all for a second, invoke your inner bitch and strut in there like you own the place. Martin's can't show weakness."

Oh, well that was... Inspiring?

Time to invoke my inner bitch side then.

We both jump out of the car almost synchronised, slamming the doors shut at the same time before walking to the entrance.

"You ready?" I mutter to her.

"I was born ready." She replied, taking a deep breath before strutting towards the doors.

I jog a little to catch up to her and before I know it, we are pushing open the doors and walking down the halls side by side (me a little bit behind Lydia, obviously).

Everyone in the halls kind of freezes at our presence, but the looks on their faces aren't what I was expecting. I was expecting a, holy shit the Martin's are back! Not a look that pretty much says who brought the crazies?

I narrow my eyes at them all, gazing around to see if I can spot at least one familiar face among everyone.

My eyes finally land on someone familiar, just not the someone I wanted to see just yet. But I can definitely go for an early confrontation, with Lydia at my side I honesty wish them the best at trying to pull one over on us.

I clear my throat, time for an unexpected plan B.

"Follow my lead," I whisper to Lydia, "Your mission is declaring its first war." I smirk before taking the lead in walking down towards the end of the hall where an amused Erica Reyes stands waiting for us.

"Well well well, Amelia, great to see you again." She smiled.

God I want to slap that smile off of her face.

"Did a little bite affect your memory?" I ask her with a sickly sweet tone in my voice, careful not to mention anything werewolfy in front of Lydia, "It's Mia."

She frowns and stands up straighter, "Well you wouldn't know now, would you?" She asks, stepping towards me.

My eyes widen a little as I hadn't actually told anyone about Derek offering the bite to me yet, but a thought hits me and I smile smugly, "Does it hurt being a second choice?"