Chapter 33

I stood on the front steps of the pack house for what felt like hours. Rebecca constantly telling me to go back inside as the snow begins to fall. However, I was glued to the spot.

I could feel the bond straining the further he gets from me and the moment he leaves pack territory, a headache begins to brew in my temples.

"Right, I'm agreeing with my mother now Alyssa." Darcy finally speaks up, after defending me since Mason drove off. "Even if I have to drag you inside, you are going in or you will freeze out here."

She's right. My fingers were numb and I could barely feel my face. I let out a low sigh and finally rip my eyes from where Mason was standing minutes ago. I turn around to face my newfound family.

Cameron, Darcy and Mason's parents are all still stood behind me, all watching me carefully incase I suddenly break down. Darcy links her arm with mine and gives me a reassuring smile.

We walk into the pack house and the others follow behind me, I don't allow myself to turn around because he won't be there. I know he had to go but that still isn't making this hollow feeling any better.

I never knew I could feel this lost without Mason. I love him but I had barely noticed how reliant I am on Mason. The pack doors shut with a bang and I flinch at the sound. The shutting of doors feeling like the finally string of distance between us.

We come to a stop in the large foyer, all the family glancing at each other as if wondering what to say. I force a small smile on my face as I look at them all, my protectors for the next two weeks.

"If you all don't mind, I'm going to go lie down." I speak up, manoeuvring towards the stairs to go up to our bedroom.

"Alyssa-" Cameron begins but I cut him off.

"Please don't ask me if I am okay." I grimace "I'm alright, I promise. I will let you know if that changes."

Without giving them another glance, I make my way up the stairs. I am still holding onto my bump. Knowing that a part of Mason is here with me, calms me somehow - knowing my son is still with me.

I hear them all begin to whisper below me and I know they are all worried about me but I don't turn around. Once I get up the first flight of stairs, I stop and head in the wrong direction for our bedroom.

Slowing, I look at the door hesitantly and smell the scent of my mate drifting from the crack at the bottom. I open the door and walk in, shutting it behind me.

A sigh escapes my mouth as I look around Mason's office, feeling his lingering scent calm every nerve in my body. Actually it's also my office now as well.

Mason's desk in in front of me, a wall of windows behind it showing the training grounds. He told me he chose this spot so he can do work but also keep an eye on the pack members.

He put my desk to the left of his, facing the middle of the room. I didn't mind where it was as I often spent my time in here on the couch opposite my desk.

I walk over to Masons desk slowly, trailing my fingers along the edge of his desk before sitting down in his seat. My eyes catch an envelope that is placed neatly in the middle of his desk, my name scrawled across the envelope.