Chapter 8

The rest of the day was spent with my mate, Cameron and Elsie. I enjoyed their company. Cameron and Elsie act like little kids when they are together.

One minute they are cuddling and kissing, the next they are hitting each other with pillows and arguing.

"No you dimwit!" Elsie says, hitting Cameron over the head with her hand. "I did not sleep with millions of men before you. I slept with two and one was a boyfriend."

Cameron growls and grabs her, pulling her in for a kiss. I hear Mason groan loudly from behind me.

"Honestly, you two are giving me whiplash." He says. I lay my head on his shoulder and enjoy the feel of his hand softly rubbing my shoulder.

I glance up at the clock and realise that it is 8 o'clock.

My eyelids are heavy and I've been suppressing yawns for the last half an hour. I know I should go to bed, but we're all having such a great time.

It has definitely been one of the best days here so far.

I suppose this is just a pregnancy symptom. I faintly remember Jason saying that fatigue is one of the many pregnancy symptoms I may be experiencing.

"Alyssa, love." I hear my name and my eyes snap open. I hadn't even realised that they had shut.

I sit up and stretch my arms out then turn to Mason. He looks at me with a small smile. I glance at Elsie and Cameron, but they were both arguing, once again.

"I think it's is time for us to turn in." Mason speaks up, glancing from me to the other mated couple.

"No, ah really Mason?" Elsie whines.

"Come on, El. Goodnight Mason. Goodnight Alyssa." Cameron says, pulling Elsie up and out the front door.

I stay sat on the sofa for a moment. Just watching Mason, as he begins to pick up the few empty mugs of hot chocolate that are on the coffee table.

I watch as his muscles flex as he moves and the tight shirt he is wearing lets me see his abs. I can't believe I am lucky to have a mate like him.

It is not only his body either, I mean yes he is as hot as a greek god, but his personality is so much more. He is such a gentleman and so loving.

Mason gives me a wink before he disappears from the room. I let out a long breath before I manage to pull myself from the couch.

I take off towards the bedroom, only glancing into the kitchen on my way passed. I know Mason won't be far behind, as soon as he has finished the dishes.

When I begin to walk up the stairs my feet start to get heavier and all I want is to just fall asleep here in this moment.

I sit on the step and lean against the wall behind me. I place my hands on my stomach and glance at it.

"Stop making me feel so tired jellybean." I say with a tired laugh. I lean back again and close my eyes.

I tell myself that I am going to get up in a minute but deep down I feel as though I will fall asleep here.