Chapter 7

I don't know how long I stared at that jellybean, but it felt like it was not long enough before Jason began to move to screen away.

"A jellybean" I whisper, staring at the little shape on the screen as it gets turned away.

"I will print a copy for you both, don't worry Alyssa." He says moving away. I hear a quiet growl from Mason but chaise to ignore it.

Jason hands me some tissue before leaving the room. I sit up, letting Mason's arm and hand fall away. I wipe away the gel on my stomach before pulling my top down.

I sit on the edge of the examination seat and avoid eye contact with Mason. It's not that difficult because my mind is still swirling from the scan.

"Alyssa." Mason says, moving to stand in front of my. His hand moves under my chin and tilts it up so our eyes meet.

"I am so sorry." He says, softly brushing my cheeks "I didn't mean to leave this morning or forget about this. It's no excuse, but I had important pack issues that needed to be dealt with."

"What pack issue?" I ask, still feeling angry enough not to accept his apology.

I hear him sigh as he dips his head. "We had a trespasser in the early hours of the morning. Thankfully, my guards managed to get hold of him within metres of him stepping over our pack border."

A trespasser? That is not normal for Mason's pack. His pack is known for being one of the hardest to get through.

His guards are always on high alert. Which is the only reason why the trespasser get caught so quickly.

"Do you know why he trespassed?" I ask, fidgeting in my seat slightly.

Mason looked at me, his eyes caught in mine, and he keeps my gaze for a few seconds before shaking his head.

I was about to press him for more information, but Jason came back into the room. I smile at him as he walks over to us.

"Here are two copies of the scan." He says, handing a small black and white picture to Mason and I.

I hold the picture in front of me and slowly rub my thumb across the small jellybean. Thats my baby. Oh my god.

"So, you're just over 8 weeks pregnant. You'll find that your bump will slowly begin to show as your baby grows, especially with the baby having Alpha's blood. You will be fatigued and have some nausea. You may have some bloating or food cravings but this is all normal. If there are any issues just pop in at anytime."

"Thank you Jason." I say standing up and giving him a handshake.

"No problem, Luna" He smiles, then he turns and nods at Mason "Alpha."

***

The walk back to the pack house was quiet. We walked side by side but barely touched, apart from the occasional brush of our arms.

I can see Mason in the corner of my eye looking at me every so often. I see his mouth opening then shutting, like he is mentally debating what to say to me.

However, my mind is still reeling from what we just saw. Our baby.

I still can barely believe I am pregnant. Now we have actually seen it. I can no longer hold off on anything.