Chapter 19

"Are you ready?" Mason's low voice interrupts my thoughts. I turn from my seat next to the window and smile at my handsome mate. He is leaning against the doorframe, which meant he has been watching me for a while before speaking. 

I stand up, placing my book on the chair, and walk over to Mason. He pushes himself off the wall and opens his arms ready for me. A smile finds my lips as I walk into his arms and hug him. 

He left early this morning to deal with some sort of emergency, which he refused to tell me about. It put our plans to leave on hold but its better late than never.

"I have never been more ready." I laugh. Mason grabs my hand and we walk out of the pack house. His truck is parked outside, with our suitcase already packed in the boot. 

He made sure that I didn't even attempt to pick it up this morning. He opens the door for me and I slide in with a thanks. 

He shits the door behind me and rushes over to the drivers side, sliding in himself. He starts the engine and turns to me with a smile.

"Let's go then."

We set off and I glance back at the pack house. People are gathered around to wave us off, everyone smiling which makes me smile. They are all so supportive.

I turn back to look out the front window and sigh happily. Mason reaches over and grabs my hand, holding it in my lap. I put both my hands on his as we drive in silence.

A while into our drive, the heavens open and rain batters down on the windscreen but it doesn't dampen our mood. We are both excited to be together, alone.

More rain means more time stuck inside with my mate. Plus rain is my favourite weather, I find it strangely calming. 

"Are you alright?" Mason breaks the silence in the car when he sees me grimace. His hand squeezes mine as he glances at me briefly before focusing back on the road.

"Yeah." I breath, feeling my stomach churning "I don't think our baby likes being in the car."

I place one hand over my stomach in a futile attempt to calm it. I've never been car sick before but I suppose I'm not the same as before, I am now growing a baby.

Mason chuckles softly. He moves his hand to cover my stomach and it calms my it slightly. I let out a sigh of relief, placing my hand on top of his. 

"I've never been car sick before." I admit, looking over at Mason. He smiles at me but shakes his head.

"You're not car sick love, you're pregnant."

Of course. We relax back into comfortable silence, our hands intertwining again once my stomach settles. I glance over at my mate and notice how handsome he looks. 

His eyebrows are slightly furrowed as he focuses on the road ahead and his biceps bulge every time he moves the steering wheel. His hand in my lap is softly tracing mines nothings on my skin.

I lean back against my seat with a smile, awaiting our arrival at his cabin. Looking out the window, I notice we have moved from flat forest to mountain forest. The mountain tips are coated in snow and there is fog rolling through the lower forest.