Chapter 36

"What?" Mason asks, his voice full of surprise at my confession "You think I wouldn't want you anymore if you showed weakness?"

I close my eyes to stop the tears from escaping and nod my head slowly. I feel his hands grip onto mine, which are fiddling nervously in my lap, the tingles spreading over my skin.

"Alyssa, love, you could never make me not want you. I want you with every fibre of my being. You could rob a bank and I would be by your side with an escape plan. You could decide that being Luna is too much and I would hand over my position without blinking. However, I know you. You are the bravest, toughest, most kindest person I have ever known. You make an amazing Luna, I have already heard such amazing things about you. I feel out-voted. Every single pack member loves you. I can't believe how much you have accomplished while I've been gone, especially as you haven't had much training. You are a complete natural."

A sob escapes my lips and I reach out, pulling Mason into my arms. His arms wrap around me, holding my tightly against him, allowing me to sob into his chest.

"Don't you ever doubt yourself Alyssa. I'm so proud of you and, if it's possible, I love you even more."

"I love you Mason." I lift my head up, the sobs subsiding enough for me to speak "I'm sorry I caused so much trouble, I just didn't realise how much I'd pushed myself until it was too late. I thought if I kept myself busy I wouldn't think about how much I miss you and prove myself to our pack."

"Alyssa, you have nothing to prove. Trust me, every pack member loves you. Your kindness and thoughtfulness has captured everyones hearts, you would never be bale to disappoint any of them." Mason gives my waist a squeeze to pull me closer but seems to realise he can't, since my stomach has grown.

A breathy laugh escapes my lips as his face turns into a look of shock, his eyes fixed on my bump. I push him away gently and pull the blanket off me, allowing Mason to see it fully.

"Oh my god. Love." He breathes out, his hands reaching out and caressing the area. His touch spreads tingles along the skin, making me feel comforted and hot.

"I know, he popped a few days ago. I just woke up and my stomach was suddenly definitely growing an Alpha baby." I laugh, my hand joining his on my stomach.

"You're so beautiful." He whispers, his eyes looking up at me. Leaning forward, I place a soft kiss on his lips, enjoying the feeling of his mouth on mine. It feels right and I realised how much I've missed it.

We sit together, on the hospital bed, in silence for a long while. We just take in each others company, both realising just how much we have missed and needed each other.

Just having him beside me has already helped to bring down the anxiety that has been growing inside me for two weeks. I never want him to go away again.

***

Half an hour later, I find myself curled up in Masons arms on our way back to our place. Telling Mason I could walk back was met with a glare so here I am.

Pack members gush at us as we walk passed but none talk to us, probably sensing that Mason is in a rush. He is in a rush, but not for work, to get me to bed. Bed rest sounds amazing right now but I know I'll be sick of it in a day or two.

A few minutes later we finally arrive at our front door. Mason kicks it open and heads straight for our bedroom, where I help him open the door. He gently places me down on the bed and begins to turn away.