Chapter 13

The next day goes by so quickly. I spent the majority of the day in bed, feeling sick and exhausted. Whereas, Mason spent the day completely babying me.

He constantly tried to make me see the pack doctor but I knew it was just symptoms plus the mental stress from everything that's happened in the last week.

But he was amazing and I fell for him even more. He cancelled all meetings and brought his paperwork to the bedroom so he could keep me company.

He cuddled with me most of the day, when he wasn't holding my hair back when I was sick or getting me water.

Now, it's the big day. I'm officially becoming Luna of Night River Pack. In addition, we have to announce my pregnancy tothe pack and hope that they accept it.

I'm not looking forward to explaining it to the pack. It makes me feel icky.

I sit up in bed, pushing the sheets off my body and let out a sigh. The sun was shining through the wall of windows.

It looks like its going to be a gorgeous day. Thankfully. I don't fancy doing this ceremony in the pouring rain.

Just before I get out of bed the bedroom door swings open and Mason appears.

He left early this morning to begin preparations for the ceremony. I can tell he is stressed and I bet he is just as nervous as I am.

When his eyes meet mine, he gives me a big smile and heads straight towards me.

"How are you feeling today, love?" he asks, kneeling down in front of me. He takes my hand in his and his thumb gently rubs over the back of my hand.

"Much better, although I've been to the toilet a million times already. I swear the baby just pushes my bladder all day." I laugh, placing my hand over his.

"Well, you've officially reached 9 weeks pregnant" he points out, placing one of his hands on my stomach.

"Oh, I forgot about that. Can you believe we met and had that first night 9 weeks ago?"

"I know" He chuckles "It only feels like yesterday."

"Yeah." I breathe out.

"So, this little pup is about the size of an olive now." Mason caresses my stomach gently. I lean forward and catch his lips with mine.

His arms move around my waist and he pulls me closer. His lips are warm against mine and I feel his tongue run along my bottom lip.

I open my mouth and his tongue dives in, fighting with mine as we deepen the kiss.

Mason stands up and pushes me back against the bed, all without breaking away. I feel his hands on my waist but I wish they would touch me.

In this moment, I just wish we could do it all day and, maybe, finally, take the next step.

Finally, we pull away from each other. Mason rests his head against mine as we try to catch our breath.

"Mason," I breathe. My heart is beating out of my chest and I feel electricity coursing through my veins.

Every inch of me wants to keep going, for him to mark me or even mate with me.