6. Firebending

I woke up early from loud noises and tumult coming from the hallway. Yesterday was exhausting and a really long night. I talked with a lot of people who somehow all knew pretty much about me. Talking about "child prodigy" and how I was able to teach myself to talk, read and write. I know exactly who told everyone: Iroh.
This may is exactly what I wanted, but my introverted ass still can't help but hate too much human interaction.

But at least it seems like this stupid Hawaii-Shirt god, had at least one thing right: life full of luxury. I received so many presents yesterday, from expensive jewellery to even simple fire bending scrolls.
Getting stronger while looking absolutely gorgeous? Check.

That reminds me, in the original Story Azula started to firebend when she was nine years old. She was immediately announced as a "prodigy". Im now 6 and already am one in terms of my intelligence. So might as well push forward and start training on my own.

I already knew because of the series, but as I opened one of the firebending scrolls I already had a knack on what and how to do. Well at least in point of the movements, I guess I can be thankful that I did karate in my past life. Many movements look pretty clear and simple to me. But I unfortunately still have no idea about the actual thing: the fire?!

Now I'm invested. Despite waking up just a few minutes ago, I chose to stand up and still in my nightgown, mimic the movements of the scroll laying in front of me.

Okay let's do this!
First just leading my left arm behind my back, positioning it next to my right arm.
While doing so,
Changing the posture of both my opened hands to a fist.
Now bringing my feet together.
Moving relaxed but still with steady demeanor.
Breathing steadily and concentrated.
Now bringing my right foot forth, just as I would make a step,
synchron to that, leading my left arm from behind my back calmly forwards my right foot and open my fist swiftly:

-

Just as I thought I did a mistake or just wasn't ready to firebend, a huge red flame with a few blue Features in the middle came violently streaming out of my left hand.
It didn't hurt.
To be precise it felt powerful and somehow comforting. The flames almost dancing to the tact of my heartbeat felt just mesmerizing.

As I starred completely hypnotized at the flames, i didn't noticed that the room was filled with people screaming in pure terror and panic.
I only came back to my senses when I could feel someone holding me from behind while pulling me rather aggressive to the ground.
The flames immediately withdrew.

„AZULA WHAT THE HELL WHERE YOU THINKING?!!!" I could hear Zuko screaming, who is still having me in his arms. His voice shacking in fear as well as confusement at what he just witnessed.

„I - I don't know.. I wasn't.. I just mimicked the movements of the stroll!" i stuttered while pointing at the firbending scroll still laying on my bed.

Fortunately nothing in my room captured fire other than the curtains on my windows that the maids were able to put out quickly.

„Let's leave the room first.
And you all clean and air this room but leave right after, it's not healthy to stay in here for too long." He said in a for me unexpected grown up and calm manner.

Until now, I always only saw Zuko as a child who still has no idea of what kind of environment we life in.
Or what is going on around him. He always looked carefree and light-hearted to me...
I guess I was wrong...

As we made our way thru the wide hallway he didn't say a word. Despite me being older in terms of mental age, I ironically couldn't bring myself to say something either. I felt like a child with guilty conscience who knew was going to be lectured.

Suddenly he stood still. Just looking at the ground.

Not quite sure what to say I just starred at him.

A few seconds or even minutes passed until he finally looked up to me:

„How did you do that?" behind his serious face I could see frustration in his eyes.

„I- I-m not sure.. I really just copied the movements and I didn't thought that something would happen.." I mumbled clearly uncomfortable at the situation

Seeing him like this, truly hurts me. I never thought how he would feel, if I come out to be a firebending prodigy as well. In contrast to Azula, Zuko struggled a lot as a child. The pressure of his father didn't help.
He had to fight hard for improvements.

„Im sorry.. I shouldn't have done that. Please don't be mad." I said with guilt in my eyes. Not guilt, because I think what I did was wrong, but guilt because I know exactly what is going on in his head right now.

„Zu-" just as I wanted to speak again, uncle Iroh came running towards us.

„MYYYY NIECEEEEE IS A FIRE BENDING PRODIGY" he screamed in a singing voice with tears of joy falling out at the side of his eyes.

„Stop it." I said. Giving him a furious glance.

He first looked dumbfounded at my sassy answer that is, until he gasped the situation.

„Zuko look I was just-"

„Forget it. Nevermind. Im tired.
We talk later." he said in such a cold and distant tone while walking away, that it ached deep in my heart.

"So that's it ? It was nice to have a sense of family only once. Even if it was for a short time. What a joke. Should have stayed minding my own fucking business."

I could feel tears gathering in my eyes but I swallowed them down.

So most likely now going back to the original story line or what?

——————————————-

Uhm I hope the situations with the firbending scroll is understanding enough ? Like I wrote this sheeeet and even I'm not able to understand lol <3