14. Finding peace

Before you dive in, a big thank you for everyone who waited patiently for this upload! <3
It's a long chapter and I decided to write something wholesome and something in direction of character development ig?
haha

———————————-

Before I went into the room which we all shared to sleep, I decided to take a walk since I wasn't particularity keen about the thought of having to talk to Aang right now.
I'm not mad at him. I at least I try not to, since I know it was an accident and also.. I know that it's my fault. No one else can be blamed.
If I wouldn't have meddled into the plot in the first place, it wouldn't have happened like that.
A lot of things are currently running thru my mind.

I'm nothing but impulsive. Playing god and ironically even a bad one. Making situations just worse, not any better. I've told myself, I would change the outcome of Azulas life.. but I know she would despise me for the decision I made in her name so far.

„GOD DAMN what a load of crap"
I huffed defeated and overstrained as I plumped down with my knees on the ground, running my fingers thru my hair.

„You know, sometimes you say the strangest things, which I've never heard of before"
The figure of Sokka said, that's coming right towards me

„it's a fire nation slang."
I made up, trying my best to sound convincing

„What's wrong? You're behaving a little different"
He tilted his head and crouched down right in front of me

„Nothing I'm fine, just tired"
I answered avoiding his gaze and faking a small yawn

For a few seconds he looked absolutely wordless and concentrated in my face, studying every feature and every little expression thoughtful, until he muttered:
„Why are you lying?"

Fairly caught of guard I widened my eyes in shock, looking back at the suddenly empathetic boy who's behaving completely out of character.

„You are normally always slow in everything, so how come you knew I was lying?"
I asked him after I composed myself, starring at him with narrowed eyes

Sokka suddenly had a big almost enchanting smile on his face as he proudly pointed at himself: „SEE! I knew you were lying, so now tell me!"

I had to suppress my laughter as he seemingly completely faded out the fact, that I just called him "slow".

„Im not lying... you know.. So much is going on, honestly I'm just tired and exhausted of everything"
I decided to open up, and gave him a faint smile while turning my gaze to the moon and stars on the dark and wide horizon.

„So Katara told you."
The boy said calmly and in the corner of my eyes I could see him sitting down next to me with his gaze joining mine: to the black heaven above us.

„Yes. She did."
Were the last few words i could spit out, before i felt tears yet again gathering in my eyes, turning my sight all blurry.

„Don't be too anxious. I speak of my own experience, when I say that you guys from the fire nation aren't that easy to kill. He most likely was just knocked out.."
He said in a thoughtful tone but unable to hide his deep seeded hatred entirely.

„Yeah."
I answered rather short while resting my head in my knees and closing my teary eyes.

„I don't know you that long nor well.. but
looking this weak just somehow doesn't suit you"
He spoke in a warm and gentle tone, trying to comfort me

The villainess was just hurt! जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें