17. Spirit Realm

The moment I woke up, everything was covered in a red colored thick fog.

"What's going on here?!"
I thought turning my gaze where the rest of the group was supposed to be.

They are all gone.
"Did they leave me here? Where are they?!"

I stood up to take a better look around. Only now I realized, that the air isn't only foggy, but it is filled with smoke, as if the whole place just caught fire.
But there's no fire? Just smoke mixed up with a wide wall of fog..

„OKAAAY AWESOME. Really nice.
Enough with the pranks.
I'm sorry for throwing the mushroom at you Aang, Im sorry for putting a mealworm in your food Sokka. I'm sorry for having better fighting skills than you Suki... I'm sorry for.. nevermind Katara, you're far too innocent I can't ever be mean to you anyways.
But HELLO ?! Guys please."
I called out while laughing uncomfortably, but no response.

„FUCKING HELLO?! ANYONE???!!"
I now added stressed out and frantic.

After a few more minutes of absolute silence I finally was able to stop being delusional.
"they wouldn't pull a prank on me like that.. well not Katara that is.."

„BUT WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE? Did I die again??? HELLOOOO HAWAII-SHIRT GOD?!"

Nothing.

There was no use standing around like I was stuck in cement, looking around like a dumbass calling out into the nothing.
So I decided to take a walk around.

"Avatar the last airbender suddenly changed genre to horror or something?!"

Usually I'm not someone to be afraid of things easily, but this atmosphere was just not it.
It feels heavy and threatening, every little fiber in my body tells me to run and hide.

Suddenly everything felt hot, not the kind of hot you feel on an annoying July day where the sun is penetrating you from above while you're late and have to take a run for your bus, but the kind of hot, where your whole body feels like it is standing in literal flames and is melting your skin off your bones.

„I do not like this.. I do not like this at all.."
i gasped while my legs started to feel like jelly and my sweat was dripping down all over my face.

„NASTY! THATS NASTY! I HATE SWEATING! WHO EVER JUST TURNED THIS PLACE INTO A GOD DAMN SAUNA FROM HELL, STOP THIS MADNESS"
I squealed out.

„HO-HO"
A deep and old sounding masculine voice laughed so loudly, that it gave me the chills
"Youngsters these days sure have some funny and interesting words"
It now spoke.

"WTF"
I only thought as all at once everything turned white.
There was nothing to see.. just blankness.
The ground... white.. no walls.. no end.. nothing to see.

„IS THIS HEAVEN?!"
I now yelled out in confusion

„Heaven? What is heaven?"
The voice who I assume belongs to an elderly man called out to me again without showing himself.

„oh thank God... but look.. I don't want any problems or anything.. if you're not going to show yourself or planning on doing anything to me.. then? Please stop this???"

No response.
Until there suddenly were loud footsteps coming from right behind me walking in a steady past towards me.

I did not think twice. What ever was going on, and who ever this was, is a CREEPY FREAK.

In one flink movement I turned around and tossed the best I could yet manage, blue burning fireball to the person in front of me

"HE CAUGHT IT?!"