12. Kyoshi conflict p.1

"When is she finally gonna wake up?!"

"Please do something!"

"Is she okay?!"

I heard many hysterical voices overlapping each others, while almost yelling in concern.
Additional to that, there was a high pitched and annoying sounding beeb tone shrilling deep in my ears.

As I slowly started to open my eyes, I quickly closed them again, as I was blended by garish- bright shinning light, that felt like it would melt my retina away every moment.

"I think she just opened her eyes!"

"No! She didn't I would have noticed!"

"She did I saw it clearly!"

"Nohooo that can't be, she-

„Would y'all just shut up?! You're making my headache even worse"
I mumbled to the fighting siblings while holding my left hand against my forehead and lifting my body slowly up into a sitting position with my right.
I now opened my eyes abruptly as I suddenly remembered what all had happened.

But without giving me much time to sort out my my thoughts even further, Aang and Sokka began to shout excitedly and jumped right at me:
"OMG YOU ARE FINALLY AWAKE"

Fortunately for me, Katara hold both of them back, grabbing each one of them at their clothes on their neck, putting them aggressively down.

„Hey! Carefully! She is still a patient and badly hurt!"
She lectured the boys

„We are sorrryyyyy"
Let Aang out guilty while scratching the back of his neck

Sokka only stood there blushing slightly while nodding at Aangs words.

„It's alright, I'm okay"
I answered looking at the trio giving them a faint smile

„Are you sure? Does it still hurt?"
Katara said troubled as she pressed her opened hand gently against my forehead

„Well... Ive felt better than now, but the pain ain't that bad at the moment my shoulder still sucks yeah.. but my ankle feels alright."

„I'm glad.
You know.. you have been sleeping for two days."

„WHAT?!!! Two days!!"
I torn up my eyes wildly in disbelief

Only now I started to check out my environment hastily.

I'm sitting on a green futon with three other futons of the same kind laying next to mine in a fairly spacious but completely empty room.
The construction of this room looks more on the fragile side, with brown straw used as cover up and bamboo like material as support.
All in all I just don't recognize this place.
As I looked down at me, with my agility restricted, because my whole upper body is apparently covered in a bandage, I noticed that my clothes were also changed, only wearing clothes that are most likely Kataras spare ones since they have the logo of the northern water tribe. There is not one little detail on me, that could reveal that im from the fire nation. Even my bodkin that I always wore in my hair, was replaced with a blue cord, holding my hair together in a pretty messy ponytail.

As I looked up to the trio again, I saw them uncomfortable and stressed avoiding my gaze only fidgeting nervously with their fingers.

„Uhm guys?
Does someone feel like filling me in? What's the situation here"
I said looking at them questionably but demanding with my eyebrows arched

„Ahh.. what do you remember ?"
Katara said in a dramatic exhale but her left foot nervously stomping on the same place over and over again