Narrator: Part Six

Welcome, dear reader, to another crucial moment where we can hop into different perspectives. Oh how I love using magic to learn the secrets of my family!

Assuming most of you readers are curious about the situation with uncle Luke and his new found interest, Lynn, I have made the conclusion you'd like to read it.

Lynn's Pov:

Entering the library alone with Luke was not how I'd thought my night would go after our stressful day. I wanted to sleep early but the rest of the house is still chaotic and unsure how safe we are. Personally I was not worried until Luke intriguingly asked me to join him in here.

His idea of brushing up on werewolves is interesting. While I'm in much need of regaining lost information in my brain; maybe this will help me piece together who I am and what goes on in my second life. Obliging to Luke's offer may benefit me in the future, but being alone with him is going to be a disaster for me.

After watching him shut the French doors I get this gut feeling that this man didn't intend on researching werewolves in the first place. Now, I look at him confused as we sit facing each other like he offered. His eyes keep blinking up to me, but he hangs his head. I have never seen this man act like he has to hide. I've only seen him overly confident and a smart ass, so it is my turn to take a lead, "We didn't come here for the books did we?"

"I needed to take you somewhere more private..." His eyes blink up to me and I immediately have this thought that I did something wrong. No one has ever given me the option to follow like he did, but I'm starting to understand he is not happy with me. That's how it goes with me right? The usual. "...somewhere alone."

I decide to stand and step off to the side of the oversized red armchair I was just in. I have the chance to escape if something does go wrong.

He clears his throat, "I have noticed that you and Koda have been spending a lot of time together, and I've seen you two going off to talk. My cousin is very smart and I trust his judgement but he is also sneaky, so I have been watching out for his sneaky behavior."

So this is why he wouldn't let Koda join?

"Then why aren't you going to him instead?"

"I can not interrogate Koda without him shutting down-"

"So you've come to bother me?" I cross my arms knowing he can not get any information out of me about Koda, "I'm not going to be intimidated by you, Luke."

His mouth falls open, but he catches it before looking like a fool, "No, I don't want to take advantage of you. It's not like that. I just know there is something about him, something he has been hiding for a very long time. He was gone for so long and then showed right up again. We thought he was dead! I just wanted to look out for you."

My uneasiness settles and I step forward, not worried about the conversation anymore. It is very nice of him to look out for me, I've never had a man do such a thing. Thankfully I know what Koda has been up to for years, of course he is being secretive; but his family does not know what he got himself into. It's understandable why Luke would try to investigate, sadly Koda and I have to keep our mouths shut or everyone else could be in danger; they already are in enough.

I nod slowly.

"If my cousin is keeping secrets with you, please make the right decision on who to trust."

He's being protective! Towards me? My heart pounds.

Instinctively, Luke stands, "Someone's coming!"

He takes my wrist and unexpectedly rushes me across the room, past the French doors and to the coat closet. I protest but he continues to yank me into the cramped space.