Drink Him Dry! CHAPTER THIRTY

Last night was such a surreal moment. A memory that will never fade and a story that I'll tell myself a million times over. It is something that I'll dream about for the rest of my life, something to look back upon knowing nothing will ever be the same.

That experience with Perry is something I've already wished I could go back to. The short time we've spent together felt like in the moment it could last forever. I full heartedly expected to wake up right next to him. Yet it wasn't what we'd agreed on the night before, and so he was no longer holding me when my eyes opened at midday.

Now still laying in bed after forty minutes of pondering life, I still don't want to get up. I know that when I do the hard truth will become real. We will be telling my family about our plan to leave, and I'll be off to free this man I suddenly want to keep.

I've been looking back to the moment we first met, another significant memory I'll never forget. My fear of him was so high that I was frozen, as well as being awe struck by him at the same time; what an interesting feeling. Now, I'm more comfortable with him than I've ever been with anyone.

At this rate, I'm closer with Perry than I am my own sister or the rest of my family combined. I didn't know shy, awkward, me could ever be that outspoken. Though, there I was finally feeling myself. It was such a surreal experience, talking and then suddenly realizing I wasn't anxious at all.

Perry opened up as well and was just as talkative as I was, even though he's soft-spoken. I shiver, missing the feeling of my head on his chest and hearing his heartbeat. Last I remember it was three in the morning.

We ended up putting everything out on a clean slate, talking about what to expect in his kingdom, and how the situation may go. After a while Perry was sick of talking about his past and his home, not entirely ready to reveal everything yet.

Instead he was interested about me even though I'd felt as if I knew nothing about myself. We spoke about my past in confinement and a little bit about his as well. It was very refreshing having somebody understand me as well as giving me physical comfort. Now I understand that relating to Lynn and Estelle was drastically underwealming compared to Perry, who significantly connects with me on a much higher level.

It comes to mind that the more I put off getting up the less time I have with Perry. So with confidence I slip out of bed, dress, and go search for my vampire downstairs.

****

My family reacting to our plan of leaving Province, sounds more like breaking news to me than a sweet goodbye and quick departure. Our packed bags upstairs may not see the moonlight tonight if my family prevents us from going on our merry little way.

Instead of understanding, like I thought they would, they're of course battering all over the place, arguing and discussing amongst themselves and not even saying one word to me.

My head turns towards Perry, finding that he is already staring at me. I know what he's thinking and so I groan, "This is usual I guess, but I didn't expect it to happen as we leave."

Koda is in a panic, "No, you're not leaving!"

My sister joins in, "Ellie you just got home. We can't let anything happen to you." It hits me when I see the tears forming in her eyes.

My grandmother is stern, "I'm not allowing you to go."

Having this overwhelming sense of dread I stay reserved, afraid of the conflict I'm experiencing.

This time my grandfather speaks up, "What if we send someone to keep them safe on the walk there?"

Luke speaks up for the first time, "Leddy and Abe would keep them safe."