A Crashed Breakfast Date. CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

This evening starts out with Perry and I going for breakfast in the Queen's Foyer. Of course when we arrive the coffee table has a small meal presented unlike any other I've seen in the castle. It's nothing too foreign, or lavishly royal but instead foods I recognize and enjoy.

As Romi leaves the room and shuts the door behind her, Perry stands and rushes over to the door. Confused, I watch him go for the lock, "No one else is coming to join us?"

He looks over his shoulder at me with a sheepish grin, "No, this is a private breakfast for us only."

Butterflies fill my chest and I'm instantly intrigued by his actions, "Did you plan this?" My cheeks go hard from smiling ear to ear.

I already know the answer before he responds with a grinning, "Yes!"

The blond vampire joins me at the couch, a vintage relic that I can't fathom we're allowed to eat food on. The consumption of foods shouldn't even be done in this room, considering all the furniture, carpets, and things that are displayed, yet every time the Queen allows it.

Sitting close beside me, Perry says, "I origonally wanted to talk about what we've been going through, because I wanted to check in with you. My brother is off putting and nothing seems right about my future but now that we're here all I can think about is you."

His subtle flirting hits me hard every time, so unexpected but appreciated. Wanting to give in to these little moments is an understatement, when secretly I'd like to find an excuse to stay with him longer.

As I admire the man my stomach sinks because you never know when you'll see someone for the last time. I divert my eyes from him. Just the concept of our future parting makes my mind go in dissaray. Initially I convinced myself I could leave him in an instant, but now I don't think I possess the courage to.

Afraid to meet his eyes I admit, "I loose track of time when I'm with you too. I wish it would stay that way."

He puts his hand on my knee for a split second, but then lifts it away and tucks it in his lap to clasp his right hand, "Ellie, it's more than just a distraction. It's consuming me."

"What is?"

"I want you so badly that it's consuming me. I tasted your lips once and now I'm addicted. Having this space between us is so torturous."

His way with words has me floating, finally able to turn my face to his where he is already staring at me from the other side of the sofa. A tunnel vision comes upon me, finding his chiseled cheeks to be more attractive than before. I have the urge to hold his face in mine and rub his cheeks with my thumbs.

His eyes seduce me with their gentle gaze. The longer I stare the harder it is to look away. I sense his soul drawing me in, where I inch closer to his body.

Being alone with no chance of anybody walking in on us I hush my brain that tells me no. My hands move first, landing upon his stone cold hands. They're tightly locked together like a statue until suddenly our spark of magic between us is felt along my fingertips. He must feel it too, calming the both of us.

I work at untangling his hands which he's relaxed within milliseconds. He outstretches his arm and opens his palm. My fingertips run along the veins in his arms.

He stares at his hand as he begins closing it, "I don't know what I'm doing."

I take a risk, placing my palm in his and squeezing it. My heart begins pounding so hard that's all I can hear, just like it did that night at the festival. I allow that familiar tingle to pulse up my arm like a silent whisper in my ear to slide closer.

I look at our entwined hands, comparing our skin tones in the warm lighting of the lamps. His wrist is petite just like mine, while his hand is similarly slender like mine. Without hesitation I can admit they fit together like a glove.