Into The Woods. CHAPTER SEVEN

Tonight has been such a blur that I just stare at the young man's hand in front of me in disbelief. He doesn't waste any time to grab my wrist and pull be up himself, his hand being not much bigger than mine. Before I know it, I'm being pulled down the sidewalk and into the passenger seat of his car unwillingly.

I'm so shaken up that I can't manage to say a single word, even though I want to start screaming about where Jane is and why these other people are after us. Another question floating through my mind is who the heck is this man and why has he come here if its not to take me back to those strange woods? Although he practically saved me I will not give in and trust him. I just can't.

He starts the vehicle and spins around the driveway, trying to chase the car that has left before us. In the right mirror I can see someone darting across the driveway. They crouch down to tend to the man thats laying lifelessly in the grass near the white front steps of the house. As we proceed down the smooth driveway that is all I can do, watching the person make an effort to wake his accomplice. After we've gone down the road and turned left he starts muttering, "Tonight has been completly surreal."

Well that's for sure, I admit to myself. When I realized what was going on I thought I could get to Jane in time before something happened to her but now I don't know where she has gone. And my grandparents! I almost moan of grief. They are in danger! We have to go back! But I'm afraid to speak at all, especially because I don't want to give away any information to this man than he already knows. I guess I'm going to fend for myself like usual.

I get handed a small key ring with a few dangling keys on it, "I stole this from the Hunter. One of them belongs to your cuffs."

This is the second time I've heard this term from him. Who are these Hunters?

Right away I begin trying to free myself and he starts speaking once again, "You and Jane were my priorities when I first found out what was getting planned for the both of you-"

Frantically I speak to him for the first time since we stepped foot in the car, "What? You knew what was going to happen?" And priority? What about my grandparents? We can't just leave them! I'm getting completely creeped out.

The lock from my cuffs click free and fall to the floor from around my ankles. I notice my hands trembling when I drop the key into the cupholder between the driver and I with a clink. My attention goes to the figure in the drivers seat. I'm noticing a frown upon his face, it's as if he could be reading my mind.

In the blue light from the dash I'm not able to see much of his features. I force my eyes away from him, silently attempting to calm my shaking body. My brain swirls through the recent experience I've just endured but it's already getting fuzzy.

He is quiet, not like Jane who will talk a lot dispite me not having much to say. Finally I speak, "You know Jane?"

He suddenly is taken aback, "I knew there was something off about you, I mean you have been gone for this long I would expect so, but I didn't know you were this far gone."

The thought of my grandparents being alone inside there really make me worry. He hasn't even explained to me what we are doing! Why should I even allow him to drive this far without my consent?

"Trust me if the Hunters go back in they won't stand a chance. You have nothing to worry about."

I'm quite confused to how he is suddenly talking about my most recent thoughts but he sounds so genuine and so I ask, "You knew they were coming for us?"

"I didn't say that..." His voice is smoothe, "A story may have been passed to me when I was leaving Elyria-"

"What?" Instantly my whole mindset on this guy changes and a sudden trust in him comes out of nowhere. He knows me! "Who are you?"