The First Day Of My Life. CHAPTER ONE

I scamper across the mucky forest floor more briskly than I anticipated with the injuries on my leg. My eyes have been focused on the ground to avoid any other collisions with a tree branch and my foot, which now could possibly be sprained. Everything my eye catches has seemed to just blur together by now, causing me to stumble anyway. Or maybe it is because I'm dizzy and out of breath. My lungs are almost done for the day and feel like they could explode from pushing too hard. Also, the pain in my head is excruciating, as if this is the first time in existence I've listened to anything.

Although I've become extremely exhausted the one sense I can always depend on is my hearing. My ears still pick up the smallest things even if my head is pounding from the sound of my own heart beat. I never would have believed it was abnormal to hear this many individual noises if someone told me so weeks ago. But now I know that hearing the tiniest sounds, including the slightest rustle from a leaf with a caterpillar crawling across it, is not as normal as I origonally thought.

The other senses I possess seem to be nothing compared to this particular one that I have such a strange connection to. It is like a gateway to other perspectives, smaller ones, ones no one would know were there. It is a way to another story, a whole new world. Though no one would believe me when I tried explaining that I could hear everything, including something from out my room and down different hallways.

Having such an enhanced sense of hearing has gotten me into some of the most serious troubles within the past few weeks of my life. Hearing voices was the first, originally I believed they were in my head until I discovered two other women lived inside the building as well. Though I never met or spoke to them I'm still very upset with myself that I escaped and left them behind. Now here I am running away while the women are still being heald captive like I used to be.

Truthfully there's nothing I could've done, especially when I had no clue how leaving the building was going to work out. Still, I don't know where I'm headed. How could I if I have no memories of my childhood or where I came from? I don't even know my name but that's the least of my worries. I have to get out of this forest before they realize I'm gone.

I'm extremely paranoid they will come chasing after me, but maybe I should be more scared of the woods they spoke so hauntingly of. The beautifully sounding forest is not as intimidating as I generally thought it would be, but that is only because I assumed what the men told me about the outside world was true. According to them this forest was more than just a horrible place. It would suck people into it and they would never be seen again.

At first I thought it was just a fib to make me afraid of leaving them, but the more time that passed the more I realized all of the men had a fear of it. What ever it is, it's very serious to them and their lives depended on me. One thing is, they didn't make me scared of the outside world, I became more curious of it. I'm more frightened of those men then having the forest suck me down into it.

Still I question it, what could be worse then the men who kept me captive? It was practically prison, but where the men were allowed to do what ever they pleased. Sometimes I wasn't treated like a living creature. Once a younger man believed I was completly evil and had the power to destroy anything I wanted. The other man replied saying that I wasn't old enough yet.

Catching the rest of that conversation got me a day without food, but it was worth it. Apparently some of the men believe that I will eventually become an all powerful being that destroys some family line. Sadly that is all I know about myself, but honestly I don't believe they could just know what will happen in the future. But then where would that statement come from?

Depending on the man that was assigned to me that day I would be treated differently, so talking to them was practically out the window. Only on one occasion I successfully had a decent conversation with a man I'd never met before. But, I didn't get anything out of him to help me discover who I was or what I was doing there.