Part 7

I basically walked on eggshells all day, I tried my best not to anger him. I did whatever he told me to do. He even asked for a back massage, I didn't want to do it but I did it anyway. When it was time for bed, I'd showered and laid in the bed. He came in after me. That means he slept with me last night as well. I want to go home so bad right now.

"Damien?"

I asked politely,

"Will you ever let me outside?"

I asked him.
I really needed to know, maybe i can get away then. He puts his arm around my waist. gross.

"front and backyard of course, but i can't let you out further than that"

What?
"why" I asked

"what if I want to see my family, or even my friends again. I miss them"

he tensed up a bit when I said that.

"No, I am your family now, you don't need friends. I've seen your friends, they're not good for you."

he says clearly trying to end the conversation but I didn't like that. I had family and I had friends. Even if my family treated me like shit I still had a little brother that I loved dearly.

"But-"

I tried to say but he cut me off

"No buts I said no more go to sleep Sophia"

he says harshly. I started to tear up a bit but I held it in. I was obviously pushing his temper and I didn't want to push it further. I went to sleep that night a while after he did.

I've been here for a couple of weeks now. There wasn't really anything for me to do in the house anymore. I was tired of having the same routine of waking up, eating, showering, and sleeping. I got so bored that I even agreed to work on a puzzle with Damien. I've actually gotten to know him better a bit from that. I learned that he was 27 years old, both of his parents passed away so it was just him and his older brother. When I tried to ask more questions about his life, he just ignored them and changed the subject. Ever since I've asked about his brother he's been distant, it's not that I mind it's just weird. We were sitting in the kitchen eating our lunch in silence. We never really had much to say to each other, well conversations were always one sided so i guess he stopped trying.

"Um...can I go outside today?"

I asked if I was so tired of staying inside, I was going to turn pale from the lack of sunlight I had.

"I'll think about it, ''

he says as he takes our plates to the sink.

"I've been really good recently."

I say trying to convince him, I hope it's working

"I've noticed, that's why I got you a gift"

a gift? I wonder what it is? He tells me to follow him and he leads me to the bedroom. He hands me a bag with multiple gifts inside. The first thing was this box, when I opened the box there was a rubber band. I was confused, I didn't understand why he gave this to me.

"This was the rubber band that fell off your wrist when I first saw you, I knew you were the one for me since then."

he says smiling at me. um ok. He's always saying weird things like this but this one is just off. Has he been stalking me since then?

"Open your next gift."

he says, interrupting my thoughts. I opened it and there was my phone. I really liked this gift and he knew I did, but when I went through my phone most apps were locked. Even my messages and calls were blocked. How'd he even do this?

"I got my friend to block some stuff, just to keep you safe."

he says as he kisses my forehead.

"He also changed some things so that it wouldn't get tracked by the police. I know having a phone can tempt you to run away but these privileges can be taken away. Do you understand?"

I just nodded, that sucks. I wanted to see my friends and check up on my family. This phone makes me miss everyone, my old life. I just want to go home. I guess I was tearing up because Damien came closer to me

"What's wrong?"

he asked. I just shook my head no and quickly wiped away my tears.

"Cmon baby, tell me what's wrong. Do you not like your gifts?"

he asked.

"No, It makes me miss my family. It makes me miss everyone especially my friends"

I wipe my tears.

"What did I tell you before, I am your family."

he said but I didn't like that because he wasn't. I was tired of trying to stay on his good side, being afraid of him.

"No you're not. I have family and I have my own friends who were meant to be in my life, who love me. You just took them away from me and made yourself believe that I was "your soulmate" but I'm not"

I say in a harsh tone. I felt bad but it was true, I just want life to go back to normal. Damien got up but he didn't leave like I expected him to. He grabbed a fist full of my hair and started dragging me. I cried out in pain trying to keep up with him.

"I'm sorry please stop"

I cried but it was like he didn't hear me. He kept dragging me until we were near the basement. When he stopped he just looked at me in anger, he then slapped me at least 3 times before I fell to the ground. At this point I was shaking in fear trying to surrender. I couldn't protect myself, he was obviously bigger and stronger than me. For a second he stopped, the anger in his eyes went away and he came down to my level.

"I'm so sorry My love, I lost control"

He'd tried to touch me but I just moved away from him. I was so scared of him. He kept trying to apologize but it didn't help at all.

"IM SORRY DAMMIT"

he yelled out of frustration but it just made me shiver. I'd rather be in the dark basement alone than here right now.