Part 13

"Where are you going?"

I asked. Damien was getting dressed up.

" I have a meeting to attend to"

he replied while fixing his tie

"Can I come?"

I asked but he turned to me and gave me a warning look.

"No."

he said sternly
I looked down, I guess those plans were a no go. Maybe I could leave while he's gone.

"I'm sorry my love, it's just not safe. But don't worry because when it is, I'll take you out all the time."

he said
I just rolled my eyes. When was it going to be safe for me? I guess I just have to run away this time. While he's gone I'll try to find a neighbor to help me.

"Because I'm gone that doesn't mean that I will let you run away either. I still have my doubts about you so I've placed a security system around the house. If you open the door an alarm will go off, if you open the windows over 2 inches an alarm will go off, and if you break a window an alarm will go off. There is no escape, do you understand?"

he asked and I just nodded. I was annoyed. This was my only chance.

Who knows when an opportunity like this would come again.

I walked him to the door and he gave me a goodbye kiss.
Not even 10 minutes after he left, I heard a knock on the window. I went to the back window and saw that it was the man from the other day. I opened the window with a very small crack so that I wouldn't provoke the alarm.

"Open it wider so that you could climb out."

he said, he seemed eager to leave and I don't blame him.

"I can't, an alarm would go off."

I told him

"Crap"

was all he said

"Why did you come so early, what if he left something behind. You could've gotten hurt."

I scolded at him

"I know my brother, well enough. He never leaves anything behind when he leaves the house." 

he says
Brother?

"He's your..Brother?"

I asked

"Is this some kind of trick? Damien, I'm sorry for trying to run away."

I say out loud in case Damien did plan this. I couldn't get another beating.

"No, Damien isn't here. Hey don't cry, what's wrong?"

he asked me

"Nothing"

i lied

"Does he hit you?"

he asked me, I just nodded.

"how did you know?"

I asked

"Your face, the other day I saw a handprint on your check. You had bruises all over."

he said

"Damien always had anger problems. He was bipolar as well. He's had many disorders but his medication always helped but I don't know what has happened now."

he said

"He threw it away. His medication."

I tell him

" I saw him toss them out my second day here."

" I need to get you out of here ok. I promise I will do anything to help you."

he said

"I'm going to call the police,"

he says, pulling out his phone.

"No"

I stop him

"Why, they can help. They'll get you out of here."

he tells me

"But Damien, he just needs help. Let me talk to him first. Come tomorrow in the morning ok"

I said

"Alright, wait for me by the front door tomorrow. No matter what, don't tell him the plan, he'll just find a way to make it harder to find you."

he told me. I agreed and then he left. I've been waiting for this moment but I just want to say goodbye to him. I know it's weird, it's not Stockholm syndrome or anything. I just feel bad for him, he doesn't understand what he's doing.
I still hope that man can get me out of here.