Part 17

The girl fell to the ground. She was hit. Gideon sped towards her, he didn't care about the bullet graze on his head. He felt guilt. If only he had come earlier she wouldn't have gotten hurt.

"Call the medics, she's still breathing"

he called out. It took about 30 minutes for the ambulance to arrive. By that time, she was already gone.
He couldn't forgive himself. He held her lifeless body until the medics took her. He tried to ride with her to the hospital but he couldn't because she was a minor and he wasn't a relative.

Damien on the other hand felt betrayed. He was angry his brother and his lover both betrayed him. He couldn't believe it. What hurts him most was when the police man told him she didn't make it. He felt guilt as well. He shot the girl he loved. He killed her. It was Gideon's fault, he was the one that killed her. Gideon needed to be punished. Damien thought. He tried to explain to the Police that they were in love, that he was just trying to protect Sophia but they didn't believe him.

In court they asked both Gideon and Damien questions about the girl. They both answered truthfully, or what they believed was the truth. Gideon didn't really know much, so his testimony didn't help much. Damien of course was in a bad mental state, he said and did things that made the court trial him as guilty. He got life in prison.

Gideon tried to erase his guilt by paying for her funeral but her trashy family didn't want one. It seemed like they weren't even sad about her death. The only one who cared was her little brother. Instead, Gideon paid for the cremation and urn and gave them to her family.

Damien had a hard time after the trial. He lost the "love of his life" and his freedom. He'd gotten jumped a couple of times by his inmates for what he did. They called him "evil" and "pedophile". He wasn't evil or so he thought. He just loved her, she was only 17 he didn't think of it as a big age gap. He couldn't take the heartbreak anymore, he wanted to be with her again. He wanted to see her right now, not later on in the afterlife. He knew what he needed to do in order to see her again.
That night he stabbed himself with a sharpened "shank"

A long time had gone by. Everyone moved on with their lives. Gideon found himself again and he and his wife are not expecting.

Although things ended badly, everything happened
for a reason and we had to accept that.