Part 9

Damien of course saw things differently from how his brother saw things, from how that day really was. Damien and his Brother Gideon both met that night at a restaurant. Gideon had missed his brother but had no intent of trying to start living with him again like Damien had expected.

When Damien asked if he could move in with his brother or even have his brother move in with him Gideon rejected. Gideon knew about his brother's episodes, he's had them since he was young. His brother had mental illness, but he didn't really acknowledge it. When they were younger, he would stop taking his medication which caused him to have episodes which did no good for him or his brother. Gideon knew it wouldn't be safe for his brother to have an episode around his daughter so he denied Damien's request. Damien took this to offense, he immediately started to get violent which is exactly what Gideon feared.

"But we're Family Gideon."

Damien pleaded

"But I need to protect my own family, it's not safe"

Gideon replied before leaving the setting.

Gideon came home an hour or two later to discover that his little girl was missing. Could it have been Damien? he thought. No I just saw him he couldn't have. All he worried about was finding his little girl, but months went by and they never found any evidence on where she might've gone.

It was Damien indeed who took her. He already knew where his brother lived, so he immediately headed there after meeting with his brother. Luckily Gideon didn't go directly home, things would've gotten messier if he did. The little girl was all alone in the Tv room sitting on the big couch. He didn't even bother to find her mother, he just grabbed her. The child didn't resist at all, she just looked at him. Gideon and Damien looked very similar, there was a chance that she probably thought he was her father. She was only 3 years old. That night Gideon took her to his place. He kept her for a few days. He actually enjoyed her company. One day she woke up, she was crying a lot. She was crying and calling for her mother. Damien didn't know what to do, he's never taken care of a child until now. He tried to calm her down but she didn't at all. It got so overwhelming for him that he slapped her. He slapped her so hard he heard a crack. She fell to the bed, she was dead. He picked up the small toddler and buried her that day. Oddly, he didn't feel bad for his actions. He saw it as the Karma his brother deserved. He'd do it again if he needed to.