Part 16

Crap I overslept. I needed to hurry. I went to the police department to report a kidnapping. They said they needed to get a warrant and well it took a while. When we finally got to the house, I went to the door. The policemen stood behind me for backup. When I knocked on the door, both Damien and Sophia answered. Sophia looked miserable. She had a few bruises on her face, and her arms were full of bruises as well.

"Sophia, let's go."

I said offering her my hand

"No, um I want to be here."

she said sounding very hesitant

"I love him, I chose to be here"

She was lying

"Sophia let's go"

I say grabbing her arm, but Damien grabbed mine.

"Leave her Gideon"

he said firmly

"No. I need to help her."

I said grabbing her and pulling her to me. When she was finally away from Damien she pulled me into a hug. I hugged her back, I knew she needed it.

"You're safe now."

I told her

x
Damien had spun me around when I hugged him. I felt safe with him. When he let go, he told me to go over to the police.

"They'll make sure you're safe alright."

he told me. Some of the policemen were heading my way and the others were heading towards Damien. I looked back and saw that Gideon was still watching me, but behind him. Damien held out a gun, he was pointing it at his brother. Crap.

"GET DOWN"

one of the policemen yelled
Gideon turned around instead. I ran in his direction and roughly pushed him to the ground. I saw the bullet graze the side of his head, then it came towards me. It hit me. It hurt.