Chapter 5: Jerk in Disguise

Thank you for 800 reads!

Chapter 5: Jerk in Disguise

I stared at the ground as I continued to walk, oblivious to everything around me. I really really did not want to go home after that fight, but I didn't exactly have any other options. I'll still have to go back, but I really don't want to. I never want to see Terri's face again. I was pretty much just randomly wandering the streets at this point. I wonder if Marcy was do-

I was jolted out of my thoughts when I slammed into a wall and almost fell backwards. I was able to balance myself out and only stumbled slightly.

Stupid wall.

I glared up at it before realizing that what I had hit was in fact not a wall.

Unless you count a six foot tall guy as a brick wall.

The man in front of me was wearing sunglasses that shielded his eyes, making it impossible to tell who it was. He also had a jacket on with the hood pulled up to cover his hair.

What is it with people and jackets these days?

I couldn't see too much of him, but what I could see was quite attractive. Even though they wore similar outfits, I could tell that this guy wasn't the same person from the supermarket. This dude was slightly shorter and a little less built as the other dude.

I gasped when I remembered what had happened. "I am really sorry! I wasn't paying att-"

"Shut up and move," The stranger growled.

Okay.

Rude.

I could tell he was giving me a  death glare from behind his shades. Yeah, this definitely was not the person from the supermarket. This guy was a lot more hostile. He brushed past me, bumping my shoulder with his. I made a face.

Wow, someone's on his period.

Just when he was almost past me, he froze in his tracks. "What did you say?"

Oh snap!

My eyes widened with a sudden realization. I can't believe I just said that out loud! This is so not good. Time to make my escape.

I shrugged casually and started walking forwards away from him. I didn't get very far before I felt a hand grip my wrist from behind which spun me around.

He lowered himself to my level while staring at me intently. "I asked you a question."

I rolled my eyes, trying not to show how intimidated I felt. "And I'm saying I don't care."

I tried to rip my wrist out of his grasp, but he only tightened his grip. I sighed dramatically. "Don't you have somewhere to be pal? Somewhere that isn't creeping on teenage girls?"

His jaw clenched angrily. "Do you know who I am?"

"No. But I do know that you look like a hobo."

A hot hobo...

Shut up brain!

His mouth twisted into a smirk. "You think I'm hot?"

I have got to stop saying this stuff out loud.

"Yeah. Hot headed." I rolled my eyes.

He gave me a once over before he grimaced. "Huh. And you said I looked like a hobo. Where do you get your clothes? The dumpster?"

I blew out an angry breath. I'm really getting sick of this guy. "You know what? You are such a jerk." I spat. "Please take your crappy attitude and shove it." I glared daggers at him before pushing as hard as I could past him.