Chapter 6: A Customer With No Manners

I felt better now than when I first came to the park, though I still couldn't get a conversation with a certain blue-eyed devil out of my head. For some reason, I found his words kept replaying in my mind.

Yes, I am the prince, which means I can make your life hell if you say anything about this encounter to anyone...

He was so rude, so mean, and just...just...uhg!

Stupid prince and his stupid stupidness.

I scoffed at myself. Wow, what an insult.

But really, that guy angered me. He acted like I wasn't even human. He was almost like a male version of Terri. Except scarier.

My thoughts were cut short by a slap to the head. "Storm!" A loud voice yelled in my ear.

My hand flew to my head as I flinched at the sudden pain. "Ow!" I winced, turning to my friend. "Dude!"

Marcy gave me an innocent look, her dark brown eyes shining with humor. "Oops."

I glowered at her. She rolled her eyes. "Were you even listening to what I was saying?" She scolded.

I smiled in embarrassment. "Uh...no. Sorry, what was that again?"

Marcy made a frustrated noise while glaring at me. "I was just telling you about how the raffle ticket prices just went down! I've already entered two. The winner should be picked within the next few days."

I frowned, my eyes finding hers. "Raffle tickets? What raffle tickets?"

She looked at me like I was crazy. "You know, the raffle that the royal family is holding. The winner gets to meet the king and queen and spend two days with them as well as attend the costume ball...ring any bells?"

"Since when are they holding a raffle? Didn't they just get here?" I ask incredulously. I hadn't heard anything about this. All I knew was that they were having an exclusive ball.

Marcy stared at me curiously. "What are you talking about? They got here a week ago."

"But...the news anchors said they got here not too long ago..." I rambled.

Marcy slapped a hand to her forehead. "Oh! You watched it in my room didn't you? That was recorded. I was about to re-watch it when you came over." She waved her hand. "Anyways, apparently the costume ball was put off for another month or two. I was really curious about it. I mean, what if Prince Ace was hurt or something?"

Another thing you should know about my best friend. She is boy crazy.

Especially for Ace.

She's been his number one fan girl for a really long time. Honestly, it kind of creeps me out. I mean, the guy doesn't even live in this country. She goes on and on about him when ever he comes to the states. I have a lot of other things to worry about than a petty prince with a bad attitude.

As soon as I saw Marcy talking again, I did my best to pay attention. I did not need to be slapped again.

"-So yesterday, I was doing some research-"

I snorted "You mean stalking-"

"-research - and you will never guess what I found out,"

I sighed, letting my gaze roam over the playground equipment. "Marcy, I swear, if this is another story about what kind of underwear Ace uses-"

Marcy rolled her eyes. "It's not. So shut your pie hole and listen!" She snapped.

I smirked at her but stayed silent.