Chapter 9: A Suprising Offer

I stood frozen, not moving or even breathing. Blue eyes stared into mine, almost...mocking me.

He was here. The boy from the supermarket. He found my house. Has he been stalking me? How did he get here? A better question, why?

I tried to open my mouth to speak, but no words came out. No matter how hard I forced myself to speak, no sound was audible. I couldn't seem to form any coherent speech. Instead, all I was able to do was gape at him.

He appeared different without his sweatshirt, though it was obviously the same person. His hair, I now came to realize, wasn't just brown, it was closer to a blackish color, like dark chocolate. It was short, but long enough to be messed up if he ran a hand through it. His jaw still had a small bit of stubble without it looking unclean. The electric blue eyes that gazed at me were for sure the same obnoxious ones from the ice cream thief. His pink lips were pulled up at a corner in a smirk, as if he found my reaction amusing.

I for one, did not find this situation remotely funny.

I tried to swallow, but my mouth was already dry. I frowned, which was pretty much the only other movement I had made in the entirely awkward three minutes we had been staring at each other.

I finally snapped out of whatever trance I had been stuck in, pushing the door in front of me to guard myself from the stranger. I was more cautious then ever at that point.

I cleared my throat. "What are you doing here?" I glared at the boy in front of me.

He shrugged. "I need to talk to you about something."

I crossed my arms over my chest. "Shoot." He raised an eyebrow, looking past me at something before meeting my eyes again.

"Without the company of your friend." He stated.

I tilted my head in confusion while the guy nodded his head at whatever was behind me. I glanced over my shoulder and saw Marcy, who looked like a deer caught in headlights. She gave us an awkward smile. I sent her a pleading look. At first, she frowned, most likely pondering why I wanted to flee from an attractive guest, but little did she know what was actually going on.

Then, she smirked.

"Well, I have to get home," she said casually, sneaking a glance at me. "See you later, Storm."

I gaped at her. I panicked and grabbed her arm, pulling her behind the door so we were out of the stranger's sight.

"Marcy! What are you doing? You can't just leave me alone!" I whisper - yelled.

"Oh please. Must I spell it out for you? You plus hot guy equals love." She explained, making a heart in the air with her index fingers.

I rolled my eyes. "You are so stupid."

"And you're about to get a boyfriend. You're welcome."

Suddenly, everything clicked into place.

"This is revenge for the whole Jack thing, isn't it?"

Marcy winked. "You bet, babe. See ya,"

And with that, Marcy pushed past me and made her way outside, waving at the guy, who was still standing where I left him. He smirked at Marcy as she walked by which she returned. He looked back at me and it grew when he caught sight of me.

"Well, I'm glad to know that the ladies think I'm hot," was the first thing out of his mouth. Idiot.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, okay. Cut the crap, will ya? Who are you and what do you want?"