8-Bit x Reader (Rejection)

Different writing style. Let me know which one you prefer. A̸l̸s̸o̸,̸ I̸'̸l̸l̸ b̸e̸ m̸e̸s̸s̸i̸n̸g̸ w̸i̸t̸h̸ f̸o̸n̸t̸s̸.̸

You walked towards the arcade, examining the details of Retropolis. It was a beautiful place, that's for sure. However, it was nothing out of the ordinary to you.

As you made the turn to the arcade, you saw 8-Bit, who seemed surprised you accepted his invitation. He had invited you to a game night.

It was quite disappointing. Why didn't anyone even try to spend much time with him? You spent about twice as much time with him as Rico and Brock.

"Hey, (Y/N)!"

You smiled back at him and went inside the arcade center with him.

You had a great time, but 8-Bit seemed a little less enthusiastic. You were tempted to ask him what was wrong, but something stopped you from asking that question.

A few hours of games later, you watched as 8-Bit got up and left, simply saying "Good night" as he opened another door and left. It was this point in which you thought "I have GOT to ask him what's wrong. I didn't even win 20% of the games we played."

As you went to the door, you observed that it had a note that said "Old Arcade Machines, Do not enter".

You opened the door and saw 8-Bit, quietly weeping in the corner of the room. You felt heartbroken seeing this, as 8-Bit was never like this.

"8-Bit.." you said, startling him.

"Yes?"

"What's wrong? I've never seen you like this once."

"I just feel so rejected. My friends don't even spend time with me anymore, and I can't seem to find anything that makes me happy anymore."

"Ok 8-Bit. Listen, I'm really sorry for you, and that's why I'm taking time to see you and spend time with you. You should be grateful for things you have as opposed to things you don't."

8-Bit frowned at this. He thought that you would support him as opposed to going against his opinion. He didn't know at the time that you were right, he was blinded by hurt.

"I'm going to sleep."

"Did you not read the sign on the door leading to this room?"

"No, what does it say?"

"It says 'Old Arcade Machines. Do not enter.'"

"Well, that's what I feel like right now, (Y/N)."

"You have GOT to think more positive of yourself, 8-Bit."

8-Bit's frown deepened, as he said "This place looks fine."

He did have a fair point, though. The place looked fairly clean, and there was nothing really wrong with the place. "Ok, you can sleep here, I suppose. Good night, 8-Bit."

He did not respond. You left the arcade, really concerned about 8-Bit. He was in desperate need of more friends. At least that was how it seemed. You turned back, considering going back. But you ended up leaving the idea and walked back to your house.

The next morning, you woke up from a nightmare about 8-Bit. You envisioned him, shooting a building that appeared to be Barley's Bar with his gun, killing everyone in the bar. Even worse, he appeared to be enjoying himself while doing so. The only reason you let it get to you was because it seemed like the path 8-Bit was going down.

You left your house and immediately went to the arcade. You had a strange feeling as though something was wrong. Not just easy to fix wrong, but something that might take a long time to fix.