The Shooting Dream (Short)

Sorry about the long absence, just felt like writing this.

Over at Max's house:
"I just had one of the darkest dreams I can remember: A school shooting.

I had something similar last September but this one was really different. The one in September was a lot better because I easily took out the school shooter at the cost of my friend. This was in the early afternoon and in the media center.

Yesterday's dream has me traumatized. It was sundown and I was in the band room. Everything was going fine, me being the only one in the room and everyone else in their class rooms. Why wasn't anyone else in my class, I'm not sure.

Suddenly, I heard gunshots. At this moment, the shots were real close so I needed to make a choice: Stay in the room and pray I can survive in one of the rooms or gun for the parking lot. The sun was going down further and the time was running out to make the choice.

I elected to gun for the parking lot. I managed to make it with one disturbing image in my mind. On the way out, I saw the shooter with a mask and his gun (being reloaded). Behind him in the campus, I recognized there were several dead bodies in his trail, all a victim to the same gun he was reloading.

When I made it to the parking lot, I saw parents. Some with their kids crying together, others crying because they wouldn't ever be able to be with their kid again. I looked down to the ground and found myself in the other dimension, still looking down and away from everyone else. I heard someone's voice from behind:

"Hey, are you okay?"

When the words came out, I realized that I couldn't really tell what was happening anymore. Way too many things happened that I could process. I fell to my knees and went unconscious."

Max processed all I had said and then said:

"(Y/N)?"

"Yes?"

"None of this is a dream."

She pointed to the TV in the living room to prove it. That's where I found out that 116 lives made up the school shooter's trail.