5 TIA: DISAPPOINTMENTS

TIA
Track: JUST GIVE ME A REASON (Pink feat. Tristan Tyrcha)
CHAPTER 5

DISAPPOINTMENTS

I walked miserably on the lake shore early in the morning, alone. It was our fifth day in the cabin and we were about to check out by noon. Calyx was still asleep. I patiently waited for him to roll away from me before I snuck out of bed.

I couldn't believe almost a week has passed by so quickly. These past few days were the happiest of my entire adult life. I finally managed to be romantic with Calyx after all these years, and thankfully, it didn't suck. It was euphoric. And now it was about to end.

We shut our phones off after giving my parents notice we'd be staying out. After that, we went back to our newfound hobby, all day, all night, with the exception of breakfast, lunch and dinner. Once or twice, we even skipped breakfast and consummated like bunnies.

In a few hours, we will travel back to reality, where Calyx and I will have never crossed that line.

I made him promise never to speak of this ever again, and to never, ever tell anybody, no matter what. He argued most of the time whenever I reminded him about it and came up with hundreds of reasons why we should be able to do it again, given the right opportunities.

"That's just idiotic Tee," I recalled him say, frowning. We were both in the tub, taking a bath, opposite each other. "Why are you antagonizing the best thing that's ever happened to both of us?"

"Baby, this has been perfect so far," I told him. "If we crossed another line from here, it might end up very ugly."

"So this is just a booty call marathon to you?"

I shook my head. "Nope. However, I think it's wise if we leave whatever this is here. We won't be able mess up what we had and what we really are."

"Alright," he said, moodily. "I will agree to that only if you agree with my proposition."

"And what that might be?" I asked curiously, looking at his gorgeous hazel eyes.

"If in five years we both find ourselves still living together, and single, you have to marry me. Or at least agree to have a kid with me," he said, looking pleased with himself.

"Five years?" I wrinkled my nose.

"Five years," Calyx confirmed.

"Ten," I bargained.

"Non-negotiable ma'am. No counter offers, take it or leave it."

"If I don't agree?"

"I will tell Matt we slept together like a million times and you loved it."
"Hey!" I whined, splashing his face with water. "You wouldn't dare."

"I'm still not over doing this, Tia. So help me God, I will tell Matt I screwed him over." He shrugged.

"Missy-"

"In my state of mind, I will choose you over Missy. Believe you me."

"You're crazy."

"Baby, we just started sleeping together," he reminded me. "How soon do you expect me to get over this?"

"Deal," I said after a few moments. "This ends here." I agreed, knowing Calyx will soon be back on his feet once we reach Manhattan. He would get back together with Missy once he remembered they were perfect for each other. If not, he would go back to the club scene and jump from one girl to another.

"And you're either marrying me or having a kid with me in five years. Or maybe both. Let's shake on it."

I shook his hand and he pulled me closer, giving me a slow, passionate kiss.