8 TIA : OBVIOUSLY

TIA

Track: JUST A LITTLE BIT OF YOUR HEART (Arianna Grande)

*lyrics available by the end of the chapter

CHAPTER 8

OBVIOUSLY

I woke up groggily the next morning. The intercom has been buzzing incessantly; I thought I was just dreaming about it.

I got up hastily from bed and ran to the living room.

"Who is it?" I spoke through the box.

"Christianna it's me," I heard Andy's voice on the other end.

I buzzed her in and left the front door unlocked. I rushed to the hallway bathroom and gave myself a brush and washed my face.

I found Andy sitting on the couch when I returned. She was dressed down today. She wore a baggy Aztec printed pullover and an acid washed pair of jeans together with plain red Toms.

"Get dressed," she said at once.

"Why?" I asked, as I flopped down the couch beside her.

"We need to do something girly today honey," she responded.

"Starbucks?"

"Oh please," she rolled her eyes. "We're gonna get our nails done, hair done, and do some shopping. So yeah, we'll drop by Starbucks for coffee if you insist. But today's gonna be more than that."

"Why are we doing this?" I asked curiously.

"You've been living under a rock since you moved in here," Andy said. "When was the last time you went out to take care of yourself anyway?"

"I take care of myself Andrea," I told her defensively.

"You eat, sleep and take a bath. That's taking care of yourself?" She said incredulously.

"No makeovers Andy," I pleaded. "We can go shopping but that's about it."

She breathed out loudly. "Fine. We're doing brunch and go shopping. Now get out of my face."

I made a face at her but obeyed anyway. I took a quick shower, and got dressed. I didn't even bother to put on a cream or powder. I was air-drying my hair when Andy peeked at my doorway. Seeing I was already dressed, she let herself in and hovered at me.

"I'm sorry Tee, but you really need to buy new clothes." She said, studying me from head to foot. "You're a New Yorker, you have to dress like one."

I shook my head vigorously. "I don't have the time and the energy to dress up, especially while on the job. Besides, I'm always clean and presentable. That's what's important."

"And you're wondering why it took Calyx so long to notice you. You hide behind that," she said, staring once again at me from head to toe.

"What a ray of sunshine are you," I told her sarcastically.

"Tee- I love you and all, but I have to be honest," she said, apologetic. "You have to keep up with time. And time changes the way people dress. You have to at least blend in."

"Calyx likes me the way I am," I informed her. "And Matt too."

Andy raised an eyebrow. "Ohh. So," her eyes glimmered with excitement. "Have you done it again here?" She sat down on top of my bed and crossed her legs, but jumped away abruptly. "Oh crap, you did it there, didn't you?" She exclaimed, pointing at my bed. "Eeww."

I laughed. "No Andy. We haven't been together since Canada."

She sat back down. "Yeah? How come? You're not being prude again, are you?"