10 CALYX: DISCLOSURES

CALYX

Track: AGAIN (by LENNY KRAVITZ)

CHAPTER 1O

"Well?" Tia looked at me questioningly, waiting for an answer.

"It's nothing, Tee." I said nervously.

"I'm not leaving until you tell her," Missy insisted.

"Calyx, what's going on?" Tia asked again, obviously freaked out.

"I'm sorry babe." I took her right hand and held it tightly. I led her to sit back down the couch. "I chose not to tell you this just yet," I said, throwing a murderous look at Missy, who seemed satisfied with herself.

"Tell me what?" Tia looked scared.

"Missy feels that I have to kind of let you go for the rest of the remaining weeks," I told her delicately. "Wait, it's not what you think," I added, seeing the look of panic in her eyes. "Just on the job. That's it. You will be back on your post, of course after this thing ends."

Tia swallowed.

"And he's kicking you out," Missy said obnoxiously.

"NO I AM NOT," I roared at her.

"YES YOU ARE! YOU PROMISED!"

I stood up, felt my hands shaking with anger. "I DID NOT! I ONLY AGREED SHE WILL TAKE A BREAK FROM HER JOB. THAT IS IT! I AM NOT THROWING HER OUT!"

"BUT-"

"GET THE FUCK OUT MISSY."

"I AM NOT LEAVING."

"GET- THE- FUCK- OUT!" I shouted, as I pointed her at the door.

Missy gave me a challenging stare, and I met her gaze, hard. "Don't make me throw you out, Missy," I said tightly. "You know I will."

She glanced at Tia scornfully for a second and then finally walked out the door.

It took a minute or two before both Tia and I were able to pull ourselves together.

"I'm sorry about everything, Tia." I was afraid to move any closer to her.

"Me too, Calyx."

"I'm so sorry, baby. Forgive me, please."

"Give me at least a week to pack my things," she said sadly.

"No, you're not going anywhere," I objected. "You will stay here."

"You know Missy won't stop until she gets what she wants. I have to go."

"I will take care of it in the morning."

"I want to go."

I was speechless for a minute. "You do?"

"Not because I want to leave you, but I really think it will be better that way."

"I don't think so."

"Cale," she murmured. "You're not even home most of the time anyway. I know Missy's trying to keep you in her place as much as she can.. And now.. She will try to keep you away from me more so than ever."

She made a good point. After all, leaving her here all alone for that long would only make her depressed than she already was.

"Where are you going to stay? At Andy's?"

"I can't ," she shook her head. "Her sister's in town."

"You don't have to pack everything though, you're still coming back, aren't you?"