6 CALYX: RISKS

CALYX

Track: SHE LOOKS SO PERFECT (by 5 SECONDS OF SUMMER)

*lyrics available by the end of the chapter

CHAPTER 6

RISKS

I paced anxiously at the fifth floor corridor at Lenox Hill Hospital, just outside room 502, where Missy was resting.

I went to her place hours earlier to once and for all end our relationship. When we came back to New York the day before, she insisted on staying in my apartment, in hopes to get naked with me. I refused, telling her I was too exhausted from the flight.

"Okay then," she said, letting it slip. "Just promise me you'll come by my place tomorrow so we can talk more about us. I want us to work out, Calyx. Promise me you'll drop by."

She left after I gave her my word.

I remembered walking into her apartment the next day; she opened her door after a few knocks.

"Hey honey," she greeted. She was wearing an unfastened silk robe. Underneath it, she had nothing but a pair of sexy see-through red lingerie. Under different circumstances, I would've jumped her, looking like that. Missy had the perfect curves on the perfect places. Her breasts were barely contained by the lace corset, and her abs- it was flat and mouthwatering; it showed no signs of ever bearing a child.

I was disgusted at the thought of her wrongdoing. Instead of turning me on at the sight of her gorgeous body, I was repulsed by it.

I took a step back as she moved closer to me. "What's the matter? Don't you like this?" She purred seductively.

"Missy-"

She placed a finger over my lips. She looked at me intently while she tried to unhook the front closure of her corset. She took my hand and placed it on her breast, wanting me to touch her there. "I've missed you."

I took my hand away. "Missy, please."

She was taken aback. "What?"

"For starters you can't expect it will only take one good fuck to make our problem go away!" I yelled.

"Now it's just fucking to you, huh?" Missy yelled back. "What do you want from me Cale? It has been done. I cannot bring it back, so suck it up and move on!"

I laughed bitterly. "Yeah, just like how you did, right? Were the tears even real, Missy? The breakdown and all? Or it was all a ruse to keep me from dumping you?"

She slapped me. Hard. I felt my left cheek grow hot and sore, while there was a ringing in my ears.

"I'm sorry," she said frantically. "I'm so sorry honey."

"This isn't working anymore," I told her.

"Please, honey," Missy begged, she grabbed both my arms and tried to lead me into an embrace but I resisted. "Please, Calyx. Don't leave me. I don't wanna lose you. Please. We can get married if that's what you want. I love you honey. Please."

Tears rolled down her face.

I pushed her back, gently. "I'm sorry. I'm done with us."

"It's that fucking Tia, isn't it?" She screamed. "It's that fucking tramp! I knew she's trying to get in your pants- that low life bitch!"

"Don't," I warned her dangerously. "Not another word about Tia."

"I don't even hear you denying it!"

"Leave Tia out of this."

"She' the reason-

"No!" I bellowed. "I'm leaving you because you took away our child! I can never be with you again! I don't want to waste my time on a person who can take away the life of an innocent child! MY CHILD, MISSY! OUR CHILD!