Chapter 10 | Truth discovered

Raven POV  

Today's pretty basic, I woke up at 5:00 am, I did my morning routine and my work out before my nephews had time to wake up. Since I have a job tonight I need to first found this John Wake, find out where he is, and for that I'm gonna need my contacts. So I called, every single person I could think of, in relation or who could've heard of someone with that name and who worked for 'The Empresses'

I just finished my conversation with a guy that knew where John was in the last three days, but not sure if he's still in the same place. Just when I press the red button, my nephews start to scream. I walk to the main room, Gavroche crying because Marius I assume stole his toy. Sighing, I approach the little beasts, and glance at the clock, seeing it's pass lunch time. No wonder why they're a little moody right now. I get to work and start cooking something, while trying to track down the guy, hacking into the city cameras and see if he was spotted leaving the building he was staying at. I hear my phone buzzing so I quickly reach for it hoping to be a new lead, noticing an unknown number. 

Phone call :

Hello ?  

Hi Raven, it's Claire, I have your prize right in hand, the info on your companion, but first, how's the Hunt going ?  

Well, I might have a lead, soon I'm gonna do a facial recognition to make sure it's him, and tonight we can go and fetch him.

Right, well, send me the address and I will find you in front of the building he's staying at. 

How did you know he was staying in a building ? And I thought Barbara said to come to my apartment... you know what never mind, it's better this way.  

Oh come on ! Guy's not gonna sleep in the street ! And Yeah I figured you don't want me around your girlfriend.

Yeah right okay well, meeting in front of the building is not a good idea, I have the blueprints on my computer right here, the building is forming a square with three other building, forming a courtyard in the middle, so what we'll need to do is meeting on the roof of the building just in front, I'll send you the address, doors are not suppose to work well, it's a poor neighborhood, fire escape is an option for him on the south side of the apartment he's staying at. Hum, yeah I'm gonna study the thing a bit more and will debrief you on the roof. I'm sending you the address now. Bye. 

I hang up the phone not even waiting for her to answer back and send her the address. I finish cooking for the boys, starting a facial recognition to make sure it was him and he didn't leave the building. 

I just finished giving Gavroche his last bite of mash potatoes when once again my phone start buzzing. I'm pretty sure it's Claire again but when I see the familiar name of the red head on the screen it actually bring a smile to my lips. 

Phone Call :

Hey stranger, how's work ? 

Hi, it's great, I was actually hoping we could see each other again sometime or even just me coming over. 

Butterflies erupt in my stomach at her words but then I remember, even if she's the one who kissed me, I don't know her at all, I need to take a step back, have the info and then we'll be good. 

Hum, I would love to, but hum, you know I have a job tonight, and I think things are going really fast... Natasha, I'm unstable, I told you why yesterday. Look, I like you okay, and I really enjoyed our time together last night, and if I'm being honest it was one of the greatest time since... I can't even remember and I'm grateful for that but I want to first get to know you more and I'm not sure you really are ready for someone so unstable as me.... I'm sorry, I'm saying a lot and I'm not even sure you want to even start something with me but I just needed to at least warn you.